Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2004, 07:56 PM

Default ROIs on the Step 5s?

Anybody want to volunteer their ROI on the Step 5s? I've watched a few final tables and always check the leader board when I'm playing (the $11s, not the Step 5s) and they look very tough.

It seems that the one player who has really been able to own them is missyrules. I've also seen Gigabet win a few, but it doesn't seem like he's winning or placing consistently.

Is anybody here able to beat them consistently?
Old 12-13-2004, 08:39 PM

Default Re: ROIs on the Step 5s?

It will take at least a month for someone here to have played enough Step 5's to have an inkling of their true ROI.

-SmileyEH
Old 12-14-2004, 01:30 AM

it's always fun to hear how their ROI is going so far though.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:48 AM

i bought into Step 1 for $11 and placed 1st in Step 5. what does that make my ROI? just kidding, i wish. i haven't tried these STEPS games yet.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:53 AM

mmmmmmm, 74,900% ROI

Assuming you can maintain that (shouldn't be too hard - I've heard there's a lot of fish in there, epsecially at level 5), you might as well go ahead and quit your job/drop out of college now.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:05 PM

My roi was slightly over 100%, lost 20k yesterday so now it is in just the mid 20 percentile.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:10 PM

I just started trying these Step Tournies out. I realize the competition at the higher steps is extremely good. I like to play MTTs but its rare I have enough time to dedicate 3-5 hours to complete one. These steps are a nice alternative. I have no idea what kinda of results Ill have. I decided to buy into 4-8 Step 1s each week. Im tracking the results and will see if longterm these are worth the investment. My foray into Step 1s last night was less than spectacular. Finished 5, 6, 7 and 11. Was frustrating.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:20 PM

with the fact that you need to go through 5 levels to make money, i cant for the life of me see how these are going to be profitable for the vast majority long term, buying into step 5 or step 4 aside.

i dont nessacerilly think they are bad as a game, but as a profitable game, unless your one of the big SnG players as a start i odnt think you should play them, with a break from the grind being the only reason imo.

-----

just out of interest, has missyrules been around for a while, i dont remember seeing him/her in any of the 'who do you think is great' type lists on here.

perhaps its a different account for someone we already know however, in which case if they read this, nice one.

Phill
Old 12-14-2004, 12:30 PM

I agree Phil. I dont think I can make more per hour playing these than multi-tabling the lower buy-in SnGs. I throwing some money at them like I do at an MTT. If I can work my way up to Step 5 on average of say 20 Step 1 buyins than I am getting a good overlay to play Step 5. I think I will need to play alot of these to get a better idea of how difficult it is to progress. I'm subsituting these for MTTs for now and will see how it goes.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:52 PM

I dont play on Party but instead spend my time on empire.
I see people talking about these step games.

What are they?