PFR: 0.49

Agrr Factors
PreF: 0.04
Flop: 0.98
Turn: 1.15
Rivr: 1.00
Totl: 0.46

--

Considerations. Hands are from Party+skins and Paradise. I almost always multi-table 3 tables playing .5/1 when clearing bonuses (sometimes 4 tables) so obviously the poor showing reflects this. Sometimes I run a mix of levels, but generally when I'm playing $1/$2 (or higher) I try to play no more than 2 tables.

I recognize that the Agg factors are low, but I'm really not convinced being much more aggressive at these limits is of any benefit (but I'm open to debate).

Comments?
Old 03-11-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Lim O8 10k PTO review @ Micro Limits

My aggression numbers are all lower than their holdem equivalents as well. I suspect this is due to that, at low limit O8, you're often looking for nut-nut type hands and aggression will drive out the chasers who have little to no chance of outdrawing you. This could also be due to the fact that, when it comes to O8, I'm a weak/tight nutpeddling nit [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2005, 02:00 PM

I have really struggled beating party this year, I lose gigantic pots, and win small ones.

I havent played that many hands though, only play when bonuses are out since I do better on UB and I have 275 bonus bucks to clear.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:59 AM

Were all your stats. from full tables? Any 6 max. tables? Any short handed tables?
The fewer the number of hands dealt, the higher percentage of hands you should play.
The higher the percentage of opponents seeing the flop, the higher your percentage of flops seen should be.
In loose, non-agressive games, seeing the flop cheaply with high pot odds will make it +EV to see many flops.
In agressive games, with it expensive to see the flop with not so wonderful pot odds, make it -EV to see many flops.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Were all your stats. from full tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

All full 10 handed tables. I don't play SH if I can help it.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Were all your stats. from full tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

All full 10 handed tables. I don't play SH if I can help it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this attitude.
I currently only play B&M, but I'm still the type to comment on your stats.

I generally agree with those who say that you only get truly good hands about 1 in 7 deals in O8/B. So if you play those 1 in 7 hands plus some of your Big Blinds and Small Blinds, then you can figure that you will end up in to see more than 15% of the flops.

After that, however, I believe that appropriate O8/B play statistics are highly dependent on your opponents. I play in a very, and I mean very, loose game. Pots won often include high multible big bets profits. But because I'm recognized as a tight, nut peddler type player, it's difficult to get players to call my raises to the extent they call most other players' raises. When the game is loose enough that's okay because the lag types are betting my great hands for me. When the game tightens up, however, it doesn't get tight enough for me to drive everyone else out, so I still assume going in that I will have to show down the best cards to take any part of the pot.

In other words, when a profitable, very loose game gets a little tighter, you still end up seeing the same percentage of flops, but your EV goes way, way down.

The moral of this is that you have to be careful and disciplined about game selection. After you have more stats. on your opponents, you should be able to better figure how to play against them.

I have only really commented on your VP$IP stat. I believe that your aggression stats. will vary widely from table to table depending on opponenents play, and I'm not sure what the appropriate averages should be. My best advice is to try to find the loosest games possible and get your experience there first.

IMHO, I think you should consider playing slightly higher limits, but only 1 table at a time. Read Steve Badger's website. You will have to search around it, it's kind of labyrinthine. Read Ray Zee's book if you haven't already.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:21 AM

I have 5800 LO8 hands from Party on my PT. 0.76 bbs/100 at 0.50/1.00 mostly 4 tabling. I think the problem is I'm really there for the bonus so am focussed on clearing the hands and lose any real edge. I have only 220 2/4 LO8 hands on from PokerStars and a freakish 15bbs/100 win rate, I am looking forward to the "correction" [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2005, 05:40 AM

You guys are way to friggin tight. Although, I never play the 1-2 or .50-1.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:35 PM

too tight, not aggressive enough
Old 03-14-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
too tight, not aggressive enough

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, I've already suspected I've been playing too tightly. At least lately. What would you see as the ideal VP$P for Limit?

What class of marginal hands would you suggest adding to the mix of premium hands?