Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2005, 09:38 AM

Default A Special One Time Offer!!!

If you act now and your name is Mason Malmuth or David Sklansky you can take advantage of an astounding 10% rebate on your money in a heads up match against Daniel Negreanu!

Rush to your phones gentlemen as this is a limited time offer for memebers only!!! Not only will you receive 10% of your money back, you'll also get to choose how much you want to risk! (Between $100,000 to $500,000)

Not only that, you will ALSO get to pick your game of choice! That's right, for a limited time only you will receive:

-a 10% rebate on your money
-your choice of stakes (min. 100K)
-your choice of game

An offer too good too pass up? Absolutely! Mr.Negreanu has already given away $200,000 to lucky winner David Oppenheim anf you Mr.Sklansky or Mr.Malmuth could be our next big winner!

Remember to act now as this is a limited time offer. An offer so good it's IMPOSSIBLE to refuse!!!

Mr.Malmuth has said it himself, "Daniel will be an underdog in almost all of the matches he plays." You heard it here folks, Mr.Malmuth has stepped out and made his claim... is he willing to back it up with some greenbacks? Inquiring minds want to know. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2005, 09:45 AM

Default Re: A Special One Time Offer!!!

I, for one, love it.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:56 AM

You really seem to have something against David and Mason, which I find somewhat bizarre.

Of course Mason is entitled that claim. It's likely the majority of matches you will be playing players at games they are better than you at. As you can see, this has already begun.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:08 AM

Man, everybody is so quick to judge on this board.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:32 AM

When Mason said he believes you'd be an underdog in most of the matches you play, he clearly wasn't referring to the odds of you playing himself or David S. He's just speculating on you're likely opposition. So I think you're going to have a tough time goading one of them into one of your matches.

How many players in the world wouldn't be an underdog, if they figured to be taking on, one by one, some of the best players in the world, each at their best games? We're not talking Seattle Supersonics/San Antonio Spurs type dog - more like Spurs - Miami Heat (who's the dog?)

David I believe has said that he isn't too comfortable playing for 100k or 50k, and I think he said he'd want to receive 1.25 to 1 and play Stud/8 or better (blinds?) to take you on. I don't think 10 to 9 will do it for him.

Also, I believe he's said that he wouldn't feel right playing at the Wynn right now, since the Bellagio is currently hosting a trial of a game he created.

Even when he picks the game, it's not like David feels he has anything but a small edge over you. I think his only real interest in the idea is if you are willing to lay him enough odds to make risking that amount of money worth it to him. And since he clearly doesn't relish risking that amount of money on a "coin flip", you're basically going to have to make a suckers bet to get him to play you heads up for big money.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:54 AM

What are you, Sklansky's agent or something?
Old 05-14-2005, 11:17 AM

Default lmao

yeah Daniel!
Old 05-14-2005, 12:20 PM

well no...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night!
Old 05-14-2005, 12:26 PM

considering the turn-out last night, these challenges will continue. i'd be suprised if steve w isn't helping to back some (if not all) of these endeavors. they will continue to pack the place if david o. v daniel can draw that well...just imagine what more recognizable names will do.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:28 PM

This is a really funny post, although I would like to see the match regardless.