Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: EUROBET just closed my account

I didn't read your post where you said you quit or whatever, but it looks like a month or so ago.

Here's what Euro is seeing right now:

1) A few instances where two computers are trying to sit at the same table
2) Another computer at the customer's house that has poker prophecy installed
3) A losing player running up a good profit in a short period of time

That combined with Prophecy was probably some major red flags.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:45 PM

Didnt know others were having there accounts closed. I also didnt know that no one has not had there account closed due to rakeback. I figured Id post on here to find out what the deal was. I use PT for over a year and have heard different rumors about it being illegal. Seem's hit and miss to me. Made a simple post and everyone goes ape xxxx Bob. Dont know but seem's like a lot of the reponse's could have been more helpful. And there not as usual. The two computer's are connected but I was told by PP that if you stay on there website and not use the overlay feature they offer you would be ok. Just heads up that this obviously does not work. If that's evem the problem. I run PP on 4 accounts and this is the only one Ive had problem's with. Just seemed weird to me. Not trying to start the downfall of RB. I am a little surprised no one is more interested in this considering the four other accounts and Euro's no response as to why the closed account. Just assume it's PP. I have heard noting as to people getting their account's closed down for this or anything for that matter. Thanks Bob.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:46 PM

I think they should have kept your money. Be thankfull that they didn't. It's people like you that make me weary of this whole online thing.

They blocked you from

"playing with a friend at the same table"

and you tried to do it again anyways? What possible reason would you want to play on the same table with your friend?

If you want to take his money host a home game. If you want to screw around do it on a play money table. YOu where warned but ignored it. Collusion is not acceptable not even on this forum so if you are looking for a shoulder to cry on it wont happen here.

They asked you to stop using PP, whether you agree with it, you still should have stoped using it.

IMHO you got off easy.

Cheaters suck.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:50 PM

Not quite. Ive never cheated with collusion. Cmon Grannie. Obviously I realize they have detection software and the advantage you gain through collusion is very minimum Ive heard. With the amount of $ Im working with it would be silly to risk it to gain such a small advantage. I would be much better off using PP software.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell is Poker Prophecy? Like a 900 number for poker psychics?

[/ QUOTE ]

an essentially useless software tool that is supposed to tell you how good your opponents are. but;

1. the info that it spits out has been repeatedly demostrated to be wrong in the first place;
2. in the second place, the info it spits out is mostly useless anyway.

at least this is the case for SNGs, which is all i play.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:53 PM

A router sees two things: your outside IP address (which is what the poker site sees) and your internal networking address scheme. While you can have thousands of different computers inside your network (sounds like you have two), the outside world (poker sites, web sites, email recipients, etc) see you as having only a single address. So running an application on two different computers would look, for the most part, as if it were coming from one to the outside world.

I have nothing to offer about your current situation beyond that, but at least you got your money back.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:58 PM

I don't think everyone went 'ape xxxx'.

You mentioned the whole PP thing as well as the issue with the linked-accounts (trying to sit at the same table) and everyone pretty much said "They told you to stop...and you didn't. They closed your account...and somehow you can't figure out why?? And you want to think it's rake-back??"

If I got a warning from Party/skins to stop doing something I would certainly stop doing it.
I don't even know why one would be inclined to 'test' them on the matter.

They are an overseas operation that is holding onto your money. There is no real 'regulation' about any of it. It's a matter of trust.
If they tell me to stop doing something you better damn-well believe I'm going to stop. It's not like I have any recourse if they decide they just want me to stop playing there or they decide they want to keep my money.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:58 PM

Missing the point. I was at a friends house and logged on at his computer to play on my account. I played that night while he was gone and quit that session for the night. Logged off went to bed. Next night go back to my house and log on, do buddy search and find he's on, at his house that I played at night before. Try to sit with him and it blocked me. Pop up said their was a relationship formed between us due to me playing on both computer's. I think if they thought there was collusion we would have been shut down. We never cheated but we had sat before in the past. It clerly states were both from the same city and in 1 and a half years prior to that there was never a discrepency. I can see how it might look like collusion but I guarentee it' s was not. I feel the same way about that tactic. I obviously did not understand that PP was off limits. Ive already removed it off the drive to avoid this problem with other account's. Everyone is so quick to judge on here with no fact's. Bad deal.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:06 PM

Makes sense. What's interesting is that i contacted PP after the original pop up warning and they told me that everything woulg be fine if I stayed on their website. They told me to not use the new overlay feature and I did. Iwould log on their site and go to existing customer's and look up info one stat at a time. PP I guess kind of misinformed me about the safe way to use their program. The overlay I told was how they detect the use. The 2 different computer's was a safety I tried to use but they are wired into one router. That might have been my downfall but Im surprised that PP was not aware they could still detect the program straigth off their site. Does that mean Euro can tell when I am looking at different web site's while I play like 2+2 or the donkey show? Seem's like this would be true. Concerning.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:09 PM

Check my response to 37offsuits post concerning what PP had told me and how the overlay was the cause. Thanks Bob.