Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Re: HOH EXPOSED CONTINUED....

[ QUOTE ]

Ummm...so, where do you play--if you don't mind my asking?

Gotta love that Mason's way with words...he's the Charlie Rich of the poker world.

---Leavenfish

[/ QUOTE ]

I play my tournament poker at Borgata. Everything else I play at Harrah's AC or Tropicana AC.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:36 AM

Default The solution

very interesting points on this thread. the whole thing's being blown a tad out of proportion, no?

basically, I think the problem could be solved mighty easily - get 2+2 one more layer of editing. perhaps a guy with a huge interest in poker that has edited for several magazines before that just recently decided to quit his job in order to go back to school and has plenty of time on his hands...

hmmmm...wait a second, that applies to me...so hit me up if you're interested, double M!

heh - just kidding, of course (unless you really are interested!) - just figured this thread could use some lightening up.

as far as the real content, I know that my game post HOH is quite better than my game pre HOH, so no complaints here.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, here is from HOH II page 187:

[ QUOTE ]
"In volume 1 it is recommended to call this hand 50 percent of the time and to just fold 50 percent

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure he means fold in the middle positions sometimes too but from looking and seeing errors in the book, including typos, etc it makes this confusing.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, the part he is referring to is correct and has no typos. The hand in this example is KQo UTG, not in MP.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:00 PM

Limp-reraise with KQ? In no-limit? Unless you're against a known maniac, I don't see how that can possibly be right, as a legit raise into limpers will always mean a hand that's currently beating yours.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The first half of the sentence is "With king-queen I would play in all middle positions...."

[/ QUOTE ]

I took this to mean that he would consider playing it in all of the middle positions, with the raise/fold percentages he gave. "in all middle positions" was just a shorthand for saying "MP1, MP2, or any other middle position"

And, yes, it's a little confusing to say you'd 'play' it for 40% folds or whatever. But I'm pretty sure his raise/fold isn't a typo.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:16 AM

Default Key to the mint needs to get LIFE..

Typical know it all donk that has nothing better to do than rip some guy up about his business. Mason I am guessing is doing the best he can. You come in here like you have never made a mistake. You treat him like he just let a bunch of child molesters out of jail and over to the LaPetite to babysit for the afternoon. Why dont you calm down a little and stop making such an ass of yourself. At no time did two plus two ask you to make any purchases from there company nor did they ask your critique of the book. You obviously have no business sense or people skills to come off like you did. Was this your big chance to show how smart you were by pointing out all of the errors in the book? The book is wriiten to teach theory not how to do simple math you donk. Guys like you from around here would get beat for running your mouth like that. Maybe when you move out of your parents house and actually experience life and interaction with grown adults you will see that this is not the way to act. Thanks Key for all you contribute to this site and life in general. The world is truley a lot worst with guys like you and your know it all, crappy attitudes.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Key to the mint needs to get LIFE..

He wouldn't have made this post if Mason didn't act so condescending towards the people who buy his books. Mason acts like they spend months proofreading their books and that they have the greatest editor on the planet doing the proofreading. Obviously both are complete lies.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:57 PM

Who gives a rip. Bigger things going on in life than some book that was not proofread to the umpth degree. Seriously. Same as I mentioned above. Two plus two publishing is a for profit organization who's business it is to compose, print, and distribute books. They put out a product that is far superior to anyone in there field. If reading the books put out by there company are sooooo stressfull to you, do to proofreading errors and your not smart enough to decipher the math yourself than DONT USE THERE PRODUCT!!!! Nobody asked you to purchase and read there book. Mason never claimed to be the end all and be all. He is a guy who got together some of the best players out there right now and got them to share priceless information with donks like you and Key who would normally have no shot at playing real cards and win. Instead of overlooking minor errors that my 10 year old brother picked up on, you guys want to come off like know it all's who have to rip a guys primary source of income and try to make him look bad. Do you go back to the grocery store and try to get the 60 year old lady fired from her sacking job because she put your 79 cents carton of eggs on the bottom of the sack? My guess is the answer is yes. Always trying to look for confrontation and disharmony in order to full fill your need to put others down. This is representative of a grade school mentality. Picking on others to make yourself feel better.
Not to be rude but you and Key both need to take a look at yourselves and what you do for society. Once again my guess is your both self absorbed individuals who contribute nothing and sponge off all those around you. Always waiting for that opportunity for an individual to make a mistake so you can put them down and belittle them. Do you feel better about your self as a person? To make Mason out to be some poker Nazi who has destroyed your poker training. Obviously you missed the whole essence of the book and focused on minor errors. Guys like you are probably losing players and will be for the rest of your lifes because of your attitudes and unwillingless to learn and adapt. You should contact Mason or the 2+2 company for a refund on your purchase. I am guessing they would be more than happy to give you back your money to avoid having to hear your rude and whiny comments. You guys are seriously what is wrong with the major part of society and this country now days.
Once again, thank you for your constructive remarks and we all here at 2+2 (including Mason) are looking forward to your future posts and all the wealth of knowledge you plan to share.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:12 PM

Hahahaha how ironic.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hahahaha how ironic.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true. Jimymat: I understand where you are coming from, and I agree that sometimes people are a bit harsh around here. There is certainly no reason to be harsh to the people that provide this free forum!

However, I'd like to make a few points myself.

- I'm not sure you should be judging the degree to which a book has proofreading errors.
- Some of the math errors are not minor. NL tournaments are complicated beasts, and people have different professional opinions. Some of the errors could easily cause confusion (even to those with good math skills).
- The OP has started an excellent thread with some very useful information.
- This thread has resulted in Mason hinting at delivering a "known errors" list.

-ptmusic