Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2004, 04:56 PM

Default Royal - How do I play it?

Paradise NL SNG $10+1 Blinds $5-10 (10 Players)

Hero UTG+2 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG folds, UTG+1 limps, Hero Raises to 20, Folded to BTN calls, SB Calls, BB Calls, UTG Calls. 5 to the flop.

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

<font color="blue">Should I be betting this draw with this big of a flop? </font>

SB Checks, BB Checks, UTG Checks, Hero Bets T100, BTN Calls, SB Calls, BB Folds, UTG Folds. 3 to the turn -

T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

<font color="blue"> Well now looky there! </font> [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hero Checks, BTN bets T250, SB Calls, Hero raises T500, BTN moves all in, SB folds, Hero Calls.

<font color="blue">Bet out? Slow Play? Just call and hit the river? I was lost here? Thoughts - On the river play if I just called the bet? </font>

River - doesn't matter
Old 08-29-2004, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Royal - How do I play it?

Don't raise preflop, and if you do, don't minraise.

Once you see this flop after a minraise, don't even *think* about betting it because you are so far behind you can't see daylight, and being checkraised with a good draw sucks.

The turn's about right given that somebody's got trip aces.