Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2004, 12:08 AM

Default Thanks. - My first trip to a poker room.

It's been a while since I posted. My company has banned this site, so no more reading during lunch, but everyone here has been a plethora of advice. I was bothered by how much difficulty I was having online, but that was due to lack of time and practice but also the relative skill to what I walked into last night.

Last night I went into my first poker room in Jacksonville. My legs were shaking, I was bothered by the fact I couldn't remember what was a group 5 or 4, trying to look for tells... etc. I sat down at a 1/2 with $50, single blind.

And I played. and I saw 5 going to the river. I saw 8-9 limping in or going in for 2. What a dream! I was lucky that I went with a friend who was able to sit at the same table with me and I got comfortable after 20 minute. I simply played my cards. I tried to get a feel for who was a LAG, but for the most part I simply played my cards. I remembered all of the advice on middle pairs, TPTK, AK on the flop.

There was a time when we were 6 at the table and I loosened up WAY too much. My friend asked why I played a 98 and all I could say was 'I'm on tilt'. But all in all, I believe I played fine (not even good) and walked out with an extra $60 for three hours of time.

I didn't even blow up when my set of Aces was cracked by a miracle Q for a broadway on a $40 pot. I simply remembered that this IS how I want the table to play; chasing miracle cards.

Thanks.

I guess it was a good sign when no one knew what a brown trout or a Granny Mae was...