Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2004, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Fischman has Brunson all Figured Out

Yes...this just adds to my dislike for The Crew in general.

1) There is no hugging in poker.
2) The Crew hugs a lot.

Hmmm...

Was sooooooooooo glad when Doyle's KK busted kiddie Fischy out. TO THE RAIL, BEEYATCH! I wouldn't be surprised if The Crew had their own "Losers' Lounge" like on Bravo...

Sticky [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2004, 03:21 PM

yes he even said that himself after Doyle beat him to it
Old 08-25-2004, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When he said something like "You are so easy to read" to Brunson, it made me want to reach out and swat him. That is so incredibly disrespectful!

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly. Who the hell does he think he is talking to someone like Brunson like that.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:51 PM

I've only been playing for about a year, and know what a legend and influence Brunson is to poker. If this was my first WSOP, I'd be honored just to sit at Brunson's table, even more so to go up against him in a a hand. I'd even be proud to say that he was the one who busted me out. I surely wouldn't be talking smack to him. Watching Brunson's classy play in this situation made me like him even more, especially when most other people would like to kick Scott in the teeth.
And you notice Brunson didn't flop on the table or pump his fists when he knocked the prick out. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] He just stacked his chips and smiled.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:21 PM

What I can't figure out is; why good people die and Scot Fischman continues to keep breathing. If I ever played at a tournament table with him, I would have to be the Sam Grizzle to his Phil Hellmuth.

What I saw from him lastnight was sickening. I can understand getting hyped when you get lucky when your all-in heads up at a WSOP final table, but to disrespect one of the greatest players right to his face and then to play to the cameras even when he was not in a hand so to make sure he was always getting face time.

Thank God he is done, just wonder how ESPN will encorportate him into the rest of the Championship broadcast.

- Tuds
Old 08-25-2004, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I can't figure out is; why good people die and Scot Fischman continues to keep breathing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is just as funny as someone saying they dreamed about punching Scott Fischman's teeth out, LMFAO. I didn't get the call on Fischman's part either, in fact I thought he was going to muck. I've never personnally played with Doyle Brunson, but I'm sure he knows a raise, and than re-raise all-in means at least one person has a good hand. He wouldn't try and muscle Fischman after Fischman showed strength. Besides if Doyle went all in with a medium pair up to queens, Fischman is still only 50/50. Fischman earlier said he didn't want to gamble, and on the last hand he resigned his fate when he still had a lot of chips left. Bad read and bad call cost him his WSOP.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:54 AM

You guys do realize that part of the draw to these tourney's isn't so much the money but the fame. I mean Paris Hilton had to actually make a sex tape, Scott F. just had to win a couple tourneys and play the role of a "heel".
Of the Crew I would rank Fish the most skilled not only because of his showings at the WSOP and a couple of other Vegas tourneys but also becuase that guy finishs in the top ten almost daily in the higher limit tourneys online.

He may be a dick in real life, who knows....but no one would know his name or face if he just sat at the table and was a nice person.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:11 AM

Just fun to watch how Fischman acted with how Lederer acted later on. Plus, great to see Doyle just utterly outplay Fischman.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys do realize that part of the draw to these tourney's isn't so much the money but the fame. I mean Paris Hilton had to actually make a sex tape, Scott F. just had to win a couple tourneys and play the role of a "heel".
Of the Crew I would rank Fish the most skilled not only because of his showings at the WSOP and a couple of other Vegas tourneys but also becuase that guy finishs in the top ten almost daily in the higher limit tourneys online.

He may be a dick in real life, who knows....but no one would know his name or face if he just sat at the table and was a nice person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't it better to be an unknown at a table than a well known excellant poker player?
Old 08-27-2004, 01:10 PM

There is a group exactly like the crew in Atlantic City. A bunch of early 20s guys who play 7.5/15 and 30 dollar tourneys but who act like it's the WPT. So loud and boisterous about the 200 person buy in tournament at the Trop. It actually makes my skin boil. Anyways, if it makes my skin boil I can only imagine what it's like for the higher ups on the tourney circuit. Oh wait - they're millionaires and I'm sure they don't give a crap what some kid says to them as they see him bust out as a huge underdog.
-James