Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 08:09 PM

Default K9s on the Button.

I discussed this hand with a coworker, I would also like to know everyone else's opinion.

Party Poker (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.5 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero Bets, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB bets, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (7.75BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB bets, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Re: K9s on the Button.

i need a read. usually i've been seeing flopped trips played this way. a bonk bet on a 6?! common!
Old 09-06-2005, 08:19 PM

Without a read, I'd probably just fold to the turn donk. Looks like BB went for flop overcalls and then did not want to risk the turn getting checked around and getting sucked out. Also the pot is small. I like the flop bet but once I'm called by everybody minus one, I'm pretty much assuming someone has a jack.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:20 PM

Reads are the one thing I am trying to develop. The bet on the Turn made me think "Flush Draw" not "set".
Old 09-06-2005, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reads are the one thing I am trying to develop. The bet on the Turn made me think "Flush Draw" not "set".

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm...a donkbet on a flush draw...then raise the turn, fold to a 3-bet, check behind on the river if called- how 'bout that [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 09-06-2005, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Without a read, I'd probably just fold to the turn donk. Looks like BB went for flop overcalls and then did not want to risk the turn getting checked around and getting sucked out. Also the pot is small. I like the flop bet but once I'm called by everybody minus one, I'm pretty much assuming someone has a jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a bit weak. The only time I'd consider folding my hand is if BB is very good, even then he'd probably lead his trips at this level. No way we can fold this against an unknown.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:42 PM

What do you put all your opponents on?
Old 09-06-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's too hard to put them on hands, they're unknown and at this level that means they could have anything, but we're getting close to 4 to 1 effective odds if just 1 more BB goes in on the river. Sure they'll draw out sometimes but I think we're good here enough. Sometimes we won't even have to pay a river bet due to the action.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:59 PM

*grunch*

no way can you overcall this turn and river with such a weak hand. flop bet is fine, turn/river calls are not. fold it.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's too hard to put them on hands, they're unknown and at this level that means they could have anything, but we're getting close to 4 to 1 effective odds if just 1 more BB goes in on the river. Sure they'll draw out sometimes but I think we're good here enough. Sometimes we won't even have to pay a river bet due to the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm hero, I'm not *too* worried about being "drawn out" on here. When I see a hand like this, checked around, the only two realistic draws are QT and T8, and I make a position bet with what may be the best hand, and everybody calls, I'm a little wary of continuing. When the BB suddenly leads into the field KNOWING he's going to get raised by a jack, I'm very very concerned. If he has a flush draw, what is betting going to do for him? All he's doing is charging himself to draw. For me, the hand plus the pot that we're going to win are pretty marginal here.