Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 10:33 PM

Default I played this hand like crap - please yell at me and help

Ugh. I don't know what I was thinking.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.5. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (11.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

I was wrong to cap the flop, right? And I was wrong to bet the turn too, right?
Old 03-22-2005, 10:36 PM

Default Re: I played this hand like crap - please yell at me and help

I fold pf.

Flop cap is fine.

Turn bet is ok, I suppose. You have a ton of outs (assuming you aren't dead).

Edit: Whoa, didn't read flop carefully enough. Cap no good.

Edit again: meh. I keep changing my mind on the flop cap. Not sure. I'll defer to majority.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:36 PM

I disagree with the cap, but not the turn bet.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:38 PM

Personally, i'm folding preflop.

As for the flop, i would bet out, but I am also folding this instead of capping.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:38 PM

I think the PF call is fine and near-standard getting 7-1.

The flop cap is fine, get PFR to fold if he has two overcards with no bdfd. The turn bet is close, I think it's okay because the pot is so big, if you have the best hand not betting here against a 6 outer (or worse a 15 outer, a bigger flush draw) is a huge mistake.

The river is tough. If he's loosepassive he'll check behind a lot of hands that beat you, so I think the check is not bad.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, i'm folding preflop.

As for the flop, i would bet out, but I am also folding this instead of capping.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're folding the flop with a FD and straight draw??
Old 03-22-2005, 10:42 PM

Preflop: Not sure about calling this.

Flop: I would have gone for a check-raise if you could trap everyone for a bet, otherwise just call the bet.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot that you had a gutshot straight draw as well. Now, if we do some rough discounting, you have 8 outs for the flush and 3 outs for the straight, thats 11 outs total. Even capping against 2 opponents, AND having to call a bet on the turn, you'll win 8 small bets 1 time (plus at least one turn bet) for a total of at least 10 small bets. You'll lose 4 small bets plus 2 small bets on the turn 1.4 times for a total loss of 8.4 small bets. Thus the total profit of capping on average is 1.6 small bets.

So yes, capping is OK.

Turn: check and call.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:45 PM

This is a good flop to checkraise because the PFR is to your immediate left. When you bet this flop the PFR will often raise and blow the field away. If he does not raise when you bet this is a bit better but you aren't getting in the multiple bets you would like on a flop in which you have a large amount of equity. By check-raising you face the field for 1 bet at a time and really pump your equity edge. The way you played it I don't mind the flop cap but I am check/calling the turn.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a good flop to checkraise because the PFR is to your immediate left. When you bet this flop the PFR will often raise and blow the field away. If he does not raise when you bet this is a bit better but you aren't getting in the multiple bets you would like on a flop in which you have a large amount of equity. By check-raising you face the field for 1 bet at a time and really pump your equity edge. The way you played it I don't mind the flop cap but I am check/calling the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great advice. I could've trapped players for two bets if I had done this and not forced anyone to call two best cold, thus keep the pot multiway.

The way I played it by betting out though, I don't think I should have capped because it could've made MP1 fold, which it did. Maybe my opinion is slightly result oriented though, because MP1 raised after I bet out and was probably not likely to fold for another two bets.

I'm still not sure about the turn bet though. I'm heads-up here, I I should have figured that my opponent had me beat at that point, even after hitting the 4. I don't think I'm winning enough to bet here HU. More thoughts?

As for the preflop call, it's borderline but I think it's fine. I'm getting 7-1 on a suited one-gapper. If it was 63s I would fold, and if I was getting just 5-1 I would fold 64s.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:55 PM

pf is standard imo.

flop, I would've gone for a checkraise given your position relative to the pf raiser. I probably wouldn't cap after the CO folds, but I think it's probably close either way.

Turn, depending on the player I may or may not bet.

River I think is fine. Again it would be player dependant.