Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 01:46 AM

Default The OFFICIAL I am pissed about halo 2 thread

They ruined it. Plain and simple. This game had so much potential and it simply didnt come through. They changed so many things that were already perfect. Sure some of the additions are nice but the entire feel of the game has changed. Ive put hundreds of dollars into a few xboxs, tons of controllers, and a few copies of halo 1 and consider it the best money ive ever speant, but right now i am legitamately mad that i speant 55 bucks on halo 2. I have no desire to play it, not even online. They basically removed all the strategy and skill that made the game so great and replaced it with stupid crap in order to sell more copies to noobs. I gotta go play bball but I want to continue this rant later cuase I am very pissed right now.

For more similar opinions check out this page mlgpro halo 2 opinions
Old 11-11-2004, 01:48 AM

Default Re: The OFFICIAL I am pissed about halo 2 thread

youve got to be kidding.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:03 AM

you sound like a whiny bitch. I just [censored] bought it, and the campaign is far far better than the first, gonna be online tomorrow.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:15 AM

Nope Im not, and im yet to find one very good Halo player that does not agree with me. If you are a bad to average player then halo 2 is great. But for good players it sucks.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:17 AM

salty, weve been over this. And i will give you that the campeign is better. But i could not possibly care less about campeign. Why would i ever play 1 player halo instead of playing, say poker for example? its all about the competetiveness of multiplayer, [censored] campeign!
Old 11-11-2004, 03:18 AM

why does it suck? Because you guys are no longer the greatest Halo multi players ever? Give it a month, then tell me how you like it.

IMO, the pistol made the last Halo waaaaaaaay gayer then it needed to be. There is something completely absurd about being able to kill someone with a pistol from basically a mile away.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:19 AM

lets meet up online tomorrow. I will beast you.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:19 AM

Without looking at the characters or story at all, strictly gameplay...This game would be far more likely to be the sequel to unreal tournement than the sequel to halo. Do you agree?
Old 11-11-2004, 03:22 AM

never played Unreal. so far, this game looks like it will take much more skill, and less cheap kills to win. There was realy no evasive technique in 1, it was simply be on the offensive, and shoot everything you see. Most kills occured in like 3-4 seconds, this one looks like it will take longer.

EGM gave it perfect 10s and said if did everything to improve upon the first one.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you sound like a whiny bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had put in half as many Halo hours as I have, and had had one tenth as much anticipation for halo 2, I think you would understand why i am whining. That game was my non-poker activity of choice ever since it came out. I have been looking forward to halo 2 since the day i found out that xbox live wouldnt support halo 1. That was a LONG time ago. I would by far have rather had them re-release halo 1 with xbox live capabilities than release this crap.

For all the non halo players reading this. Think about how much you have studied and practiced poker. Now pretend online poker didnt exist yet, and imagine that you were told that a new form of poker was going to be created which would be way more profitable and you would be able to display your skill across the country playing online. Now imagine the unveiling was delayed numerous times. Your anticipation building more and more each time. And then when its finally unveiled, it is totally different than the poker game you know and love. All the fish love it, because it involves more luck than the previous version and reqieres even the experts to basicaly re-learn everything all over again. That is probably the worst part, the FISH, or "noobs" LOVE halo 2, because it totally levels the playing field, and this infuriorates me all the more. This make any sense to anyone or am i just rambling?