Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2004, 03:14 AM

Default 1400 miles for this?

On one of my many gambling excursions, I drove 1400 miles from Vancouver B.C. to L.A. Took the first available seat in a $10/20 game at the commerce. (Haven't bothered to get a hotel room yet; I know SICK) Anyway the game looks like there's a ton of action from the couple of hands that
I observed. I decide to take the BB rather than posting after the button passes. I'm dealt the 8s7s . UTG raises and 6 players call. I call. The flop is Ts9s and a red 3. I bet and by the time it gets back to me its capped. I call knowing that if I make just a flush it may not be good.
Five of us see the turn card which is Js. BINGO!! I bet, get raised and reraised. I cap it. The river is Ks. Two other players went to the river and I know at least one already had a flush. Was it a Queen high flush? I
check. UTG the original raiser hesitates and finally checks. The Button bets, I call and UTG calls. Button shows Qs3s for a higher str flush.
UTG curses the dealer and fires his hand in face up AA with the ace of spades. I muck my hand(so ill that I cashed out 2 hands later).
What are the odds of driving 1400 miles and the first hand you play is a str flush and you lose? I don't know but I do know that [censored] HAPPENS!!
Learn to deal with bad beats and take your game to another level.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:40 AM

Default Re: 1400 miles for this?

I certainly hope you didn't miss out on a monster bad beat jackpot.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:24 AM

Default Re: 1400 miles for this?

[ QUOTE ]
I certainly hope you didn't miss out on a monster bad beat jackpot.

[/ QUOTE ]

The other guy only used one hole card.

I guess i've learned not to play the suckers end of a straight flush [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] (damn thats gotta sting!!)

Regards ML