Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2004, 09:29 PM

Default Update: Phil\'s Million Dollar System

I placed my order for these DVD's on 5/11 (10 days ago). I opted for the two additional DVD's as well as the subscription to CardPlayer Magazine. They stated delivery would take 1-3 weeks or for another $3.95 I could get rush delivery, guaranteed in 5 business days, so I tacked that on too.

Well the five business days came and went, and no shipment. I called the ordering number to find out what the deal was, and I was given the customer service number. I called that, and it went directly to voice mail and then another message stating that the voice mail system had reached capacity (lots of missing orders???), to try again later.

I called again on Tues, and still same result. So I called the ordering number again to talk to a live person and informed them of the situation. She took down my information and said she would pass it on too customer service and someone would call me back. No call.

I call the service number again on wednesday and its a voicemail message and I can leave a message this time, which I do. The day goes by without a returned call.

Thursday, still no delivery and I havent heard anything. I call the sales line again to talk to a live rep. Once again, I explain the situation. She takes my information and tells me customer service will call me back. I ask her "today" and she says yes by 4 pm pacific time. Never got the call.

I am a big fan of Phil (don't judge me on that [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]) and I was really looking forward to these DVD's. Now I am just frustrated.

The product's website is not live. Thats pretty lame considering they are doing television advertising. The new commercial during the WPT last night stated the DVD were for $29.95. I think they were only $19.95 when I ordered. I'm not sure whats been charged to my card at this time.

I don't know how much control Phil has with his production company (Big Vision Entertainment) but his name is on the product and his reputaion is on the line. If the videos are as shoddy as the service, I fear my money has been wasted.

I did a quick search on the internet for Big Vision Entertainment hoping to find a different number to call. There wasn't much. However, those of you who dislike Phil might find a bit of irony and amusement in this. The only other product I could find that BVE produces is a DVD series called "Baby-Know-It-All".
Old 05-21-2004, 06:02 AM

Default Re: Update: Phil\'s Million Dollar System

"The only other product I could find that BVE produces is a DVD series called "Baby-Know-It-All"."

Outstanding! Maybe the whole thing's a prank?
Old 05-21-2004, 04:39 PM

I ordered mine 9 days ago also with 5 day delivery and have received nothing as well.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:43 PM

I guess that's why it's 'Phil's Million Dollar System' and not 'Syntax's Million Dollar System' or 'Aceshigh7's Million Dollar System'. Phil's the only one getting a million dollars (or some fraction of, at least).

The system is:
1) put your famous name on some bogus product
2) 'sell' it to unsuspecting people over the internet
3) run off with their money
Old 05-21-2004, 04:52 PM

I certaintly wouldnt call myself "unsuspecting". Not counting groceries, I have spent more money and bought more things on the internet then in all B&M stores combined.

I think this is a case of jumping the gun by taking a bunch of orders they can not fulfill or are not prepared for and then having no customer service at all to back it up.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"The only other product I could find that BVE produces is a DVD series called "Baby-Know-It-All"."

[/ QUOTE ]

no no no, this is just WAY too easy...
Old 05-22-2004, 01:43 AM

Why...whatever do you mean?!
[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2004, 03:04 AM

Default Another Update

After leaving message #4 today, I finally got a return call. The service rep was pleasant, and after looking up my information she proceeded to inform me that neither myself nor my order was showing up in her database, and there was no record of any order to my address.

Confounded, I explained to her exactly what I had been offered and what I purchased, and she apologized for the "error" and then offered to retake my information.

However, due to popular demand they are "now" out of stock of all their videos and don't expect another shipment for 3 more weeks!! Wow, with all those dvd's flying off the shelf I'm suprised no one has posted anything about these dvd's on these forums or RGP yet.

My guess is they were never really ready to launch the products (their website isnt even functional) but the timing of the new WPT shows, the WSOP and Howard's Lederer's DVD series being released forced them to make some premature moves. They probably gambled on being able to make a certain deadline and failed.
Old 05-22-2004, 03:13 AM

Default Re: Another Update

Thanks for the update. What a pisser.

I checked and they charged my credit card way back on the day I ordered it. Lovely.
Old 05-22-2004, 04:12 AM

Default Re: Another Update

Aceshigh7, I hope you have better luck with your order. As far as I can tell my card was not charged so you might be in better shape.

I wonder what the "guarantee" in the "5 day delivery gaurantee" is worth? You might want to check it out, however its a bit tricky getting through to customer service.