Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2004, 04:36 PM

Default Anyone gamble on cribbage?

I like to play cribbage and wouldn't mind finding an online site where you can play for money (once you play poker enough, the game always has to have something extra to keep it interesting), can someone recommend a site where you can play?
And also, I have a lady friend who's really into cribbage and we might be taking a trip to Vegas. Are their B&M cardrooms where they have cribbage available, in cash game or tourney form doesn't matter. I'll feel bad if I'm camped in the poker room for 8+ hours if she doesn't have anything to do.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Anyone gamble on cribbage?

I dont know of any sites where you can play for money but id also like to find one. I play at yahoo every once in awhile just for $hits and giggles. I think we should have a 2+2 cribbage challenge....that would be a blast.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:35 PM

while on the subject, are there sites out there that let you play various games besides poker for money. Hearts? Euchre? I'd be interested in looking into places that allow this.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:24 PM

You can play Gin Rummy for money on Games Grid.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
while on the subject, are there sites out there that let you play various games besides poker for money. Hearts? Euchre? I'd be interested in looking into places that allow this.

[/ QUOTE ]

www.worldwinner.com
Old 08-05-2004, 12:44 AM

I've dropped a bill or two on WW in the past, I got pretty good at shapetris (tetris) and was getting very good at solitare until my mouse with the easy-to-use middle button broke (and I got lazy and bought a wheel with no thumb button).

For the most part the games there have to be less chance based (by some definition 'game of skill')- check their 'skillgammon' game for how they need to alter games. They couldn't based on their license or format do strictly card-based games like poker or even cribbage.

A friend and I got invited to a WW party thing about six months after the site got started up, we chatted with the devs and management crew and pushed the idea of cribbage as well as we could. They were interested (knowing little of the game, oddly), but once we got them to understand how it worked they said they couldn't do it due to the chance element. Maybe things have changed though. I suppose it's because they're not based offshore or somewhere they could run a legitimate gambling site.