Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2005, 10:37 PM

Default KK checkup

Villians seem typical (not overly loose or aggro).

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

checking with outs. i would have bet against 1 opponent. bet here for a free showdown? (call a check-raise?)

River: (5 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds.

I would call, but I did not want to overcall.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Re: KK checkup

Looks good to me, chief.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:48 PM

i'm not sure but i think the general idea behind checking with outs is when your out of position. seems like you let this one go a little early, there are a lot of draws out there that you don't want to give a free card to. i think you should have bet the turn, and tried to get to a free showdown. i'd probably fold to a check/raise. i think to check/raise a preflop raiser on a board with an ace, they'd have to have your kings beat pretty badly.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:54 PM

I'd bet this turn and take the free showdown UI
Old 02-08-2005, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet this turn and take the free showdown UI

[/ QUOTE ]

calling a check-raise? that's the hard part [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2005, 11:22 PM

the checkraise was inevitable?
Old 02-08-2005, 11:34 PM

no, but you should have a plan before you bet.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:46 PM

I think it's okay to check this turn. But you can overcall a river bet. Anyone who called the flop with a Q or a T thinks you were just auto-betting because you raised PF, and then gave up with, like, king-high when you checked the turn. Thinking their pair of queens is good, they bet the river. Since people like to call, overcalling here with a pair that beats middle pair is all right. You only need to be right 1 in 8 times. I think your hand is good 12.5% of the time.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:46 PM

UTG limper/SB caller = I'm not especially scared of this lineup...why wouldn't you bet the turn?

A bare Ace isn't going to CR you, 2 pair would have likely played the flop faster, you have like all the kings so he probably doesn't have a straight, and a gutshot+pair is probably going to call a turn bet so like bet and stuff.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

calling a check-raise? that's the hard part [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This looks like a spot for one of those bayesian analyses, but I'm not sure exactly how to do it. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

However, I feel like you should call a c/r on the turn here as you have some outs unless you are up against KJ or AA, both of which are less likely than other possibilities. (KJ b/c you have KK and AA b/c that would have prob been 3-bet pre-flop)

At worst you are getting 8:1 to call a c/r (if sb raises and utg folds) So in the cases he has AQ (not hearts), AT (not hearts), QQ, or TT you have 6 outs (4J and 2K) and if he has QT (not hearts) you have 12 outs (4J, 2K,3A, and 3 3s) and if he has QT hearts you still have 9 outs. So, in all of those cases you have the odds to call at 8:1. Even if he has AQ or AT of hearts, you only need to make up one bet on the river. So, I think in most situations you have the odds to call the c/r.

Then I would fold to a bet on the river unimproved, but I am not sure if that falls into the "don't fold on the river for one bet in a big pot" scenario as you would be getting at least 10:1 on that.