Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 04:42 PM

Default I got berated for this-

End of a Party 20. Villians are nothing special and miniraises were stealing the blinds. Obviously I had the odds to call his all-in which why I made the t600 bet on the flop. Villian flipped 33 and proceeded to berate me until I took the tourny down [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Anyone have a problem with my play?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (3 handed) converter

BB (t2029)
Hero (t3258)
SB (t2713)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls t300.

Flop: (t1350) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t600</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t1429 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t829.

Turn: (t4208) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t4208) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t4208
Old 06-26-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: I got berated for this-

I would either move all-in preflop or fold. One of the problems with raising to T600 is that you will have to fold should someone else move in, and it is not like you have so many chips that T600 is a negligible amount.

As for push/fold...it is pretty close and it probably depends on the amount of folding equity at this point. It could really go either way since you can't go broke should you lose this hand (if everyone had equal stacks for example, you should fold here). I would tend to fold unless my opponents were not apt to call unless they had a strong hand. If they are the type to call you with any ace, you should pick a better spot IMO.

Brad
Old 06-26-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: I got berated for this-

I can't say that I like the way you played it, but who cares what table coach thinks about your play. If he wants to risk all his chips on 33, thats his problem.
Personally, I think you both butchered it, but the important thing is that you ignore the whines of people you beat.