Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Absolute change rules

[ QUOTE ]
What does VIP mean at absolute?

[/ QUOTE ]

It means you learned to use the cashier to make a deposit. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 01:43 AM

This you Marian?

Or are we stealing the pic from the same place?
Old 10-20-2005, 03:42 AM

The bonus accumulation might be the same but the rake schedule has changed. Instead of taking 10 cents every $2, they now take 5 cents every $1 (at least at 0.5/1).

There is an upside though - pot only needs to reach $5 to count towards bonus rather than $6.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:54 AM

I noticed last night that my ARP points weren't accumulating right either. I emailed support and had the following waiting in my box for me this morning:

[ QUOTE ]
Dear *****,

Thank you for your email. Due to a glitch our system was given ARP points to almost every table regardless the requirement of this program, this problem has been corrected. If you have any doubt regarding a ring game or tournament please let us know and we will check for you.

Please visit the next link to get full information about our ARP Program, I quote just the requirements for you:

http://www.absolutepoker.com/promotionsARP.asp

Points are awarded to players as follows:

1 Point for every hand played in a REAL money ring game with a limit of $2/$4 or lower that has collected at least the minimum rake ($.25)
2 Points for every hand played in a real money ring game with a limit of $3/$6 or higher that has collected at least the minimum rake ($.25)
4 Points for every dollar in tournament buy-in Fee. Please note that the tournament fee is now collected as a 9% of the total of the prize pool and that AR points will be based on the fee collected rounded up to the closest whole number. For example a $10 tourney will generate $0.90 in fees, and will earn 4 points.

Thanks for playing at Absolute Poker! If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We're here for you!

Sincerely,

Alex
Team Absolute ~ Customer Support
"Continuing to be the Best and Most Trusted"

[/ QUOTE ]

1. So the first email in this thread was wrong. It's 2/4 OR LOWER, not 2/4 or higher.

2. They claim they fixed the mistake. I'm at work so I can't check it out now, but I'm sure somebody around here plays low-limits at Absolute during the day and can verify whether ARPs are accruing properly or not. (It's darn near 1 hand = 1 ARP, so it's not that difficult to check).

3. This has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with clearing bonuses. It's just about getting Absolute swag and CardPlayer subscriptions. Since my lifelong dream has always been to turn myself into a walking billboard for online gambling proprietors, the swag-accumulation issue is critical. For others, it's probably not a big deal either way.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:08 PM

is anyone else's arp points still all messed up? I just played six hands and got 1 arp point (all of them were raked).
Old 10-20-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Absolute Rake insane or PT messed up

I just checked my PT numbers and the last 243 hands I have played at AP it says they have raked 6.91% of the pot. This is at 5/10 short
Old 10-20-2005, 09:57 PM

yep...the rake is high at Absolute, because they begin lower and have more intervals. However, rakeback and bonuses should counter.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:24 PM

Yeah but rake at AP can't be over twice as much as the other sites. My pokertracker numbers say that I am paying $53 an hour in rake per table (giving each player an equal share).
Old 10-21-2005, 01:10 AM

Did you get the patch in the las 3 days from Pokertracker? AP went to hard drive HH's and they will not load correctly without it. Just an idea. From watching the games it seems to be $1 per $20 up to $3 for 5/10. If you got unlucky the highest it could be is 5%, maybe a PT bug?
Old 10-22-2005, 07:51 AM

I just signed up on Absolute. Won my first sng. Does clearing the bonus take a while or is it actually very fast? I hate the $10 increments. I just love a lump sum of cash.