Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2004, 01:21 AM

Default Opinons Please - Hand History

This is from a SnG that I played earlier on Poker Stars that I actually ended up winning, but this hand bothered me. Were my raises OK? Should I have folded after the check-raise? Once I called the check-raise should I have bet it out?

Level III (25/50)

Seat 1: SB (855 in chips)
Seat 2: BB (2380 in chips)
Seat 4: UTG (2490 in chips)
Seat 5: VILLIAN (2095 in chips)
Seat 6: MP (985 in chips)
Seat 7: HERO (2795 in chips)
Seat 9: button (1900 in chips)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO [J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]

UTG: folds
VILLIAN : raises 150 to 200
MP: folds
HERO : calls 200
button: folds
SB: folds
BB: folds

*** FLOP *** [J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
VILLIAN : checks
HERO : bets 200
VILLIAN : calls 200

*** TURN *** [J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
VILLIAN : checks
HERO : bets 350
VILLIAN : raises 350 to 700
HERO : calls 350

*** RIVER *** [J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
VILLIAN : bets 500
HERO : folds

VILLIAN collected 2275 from pot
Old 12-01-2004, 01:57 AM

Default Re: Opinons Please - Hand History

Bet larger on the flop. If he has a king or draw, you get paid off, otherwise you don't, so no point in betting small. (If the flop was Jxx, there'd be a point).

The checkraise on the turn is very suspicious looking. Not sure I can stomach a fold though. Probably play it the same way you did.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:22 PM

When he check-raised I put him on A-Q, so I probally should have folded, but he could have been on a flush draw. When the Q came up on the river and he threw in T500 I figured he at least had an A.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:52 PM

This is a tough one you've flopped a set, did you get as unlucky as possible and are up against A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?

The flop bet is too small. Even for the set. Pot it. With the flush and straight draws it's time to take this pot down and make someone draw for all of their chips. Villian keeps putting the presure on you. You need to make him make a tough decision.

Has this guy been playing really loose? I think the best course of action might have been a re-raise preflop. Not something I would normally do with Jacks. But it would have defined his hand better if he was just a loose opener.

I would have let it go after the check raise. Even if he doesn't have it, things have gotten too scary. There are better spots to hit a hand. If you just got outplayed, you just got outplayed.