Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2002, 02:53 PM

Default question to Babe and vegas residents

Babe thats the 2nd time ive missed you, i did go to Mirage 3 times but i didnt find you much to my dismay [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
I am going to be spending a fair amount of time in Vegas and LA in the future and am looking to rent in Vegas when i am there for 1-3 months at a time.
1 Which are the good areas i should be enquiring about?
2 Will it be easy to find property for just 1-3 months at a time?
All help appreciated, i have had enough of the Hotels, prefer a "normal" home [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Babe i will be in for Superbowl weekend,catch you this time [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2002, 11:45 PM

Default Re: question to Babe and vegas residents

hbk, Yes, our paths have failed to cross....Let's definitely plan to meet on Superbowl weekend. As for rental properties, I don't know of any properties that rent for such a short time period. There is a "Budget Suites" on Paradise Road, which is within walking distance of the Mirage and which costs around 757/month, I think. This is not a bad deal, considering the location. Phone number is 702 699-7000. See you in January. Be sure to email me prior to your arrival. Take care and Good Luck. LGPG, Babe.
Old 11-05-2002, 12:52 AM

During school I worked one summer for a firm there and was able to rent a furnished, new, apartment for 3 mos. It was out northwest, in an otherwise good neighborhood. Neighbor was a paranoid schiz, and the thin walls are no help for 18 hour psychotic rants. Always wondered what the LDS missionaries who lived below thought. The place was better than Budget Suite type of places I think. I don't remember the name of the place tho. Try the ads in the Las Vegas Review Journal on line.

Stayed at a place called Emerald Suites for 2 nights last spring when we couldn't find anywhere else. It is way south on LV Blvd, south of Blue Diamond road. Nothing really wrong, but I never felt comfortable there. Kept expecting a meth lab to go up in flames or something. Just a marginal crowd, although I had no problems.
Old 11-05-2002, 11:24 AM

HDPM- The point is that he can walk to the strip from B.suites on Paradise, and it's a relatively new property. Babe
Old 11-05-2002, 09:07 PM

Ok Babe,
its a definite, i shall e mail you as soon as i know which date i am arriving and we can go from there.
So i shall tell people im off to Vegas to meet up with a movie star [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]