Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Autorating in Poker Tracker

I think I posted something about this a few weeks back, and Wookie (maybe?) said all he really uses autorate rules for are to mark loose-ass fish (i use VPIP over 60 I think) so he can buddy list them and find them easily. I tend to agree, although I'm thinking of modifiyng the rule to identify LAGs better since I mostly play 6-max and the loosest players are sometimes the most aggro.

Steve
Old 11-22-2005, 01:21 AM

i use pokerace to look at pf and wtsd
autorate helps round out a generalization of postflop game.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:01 AM

I've been using the same autorate rules (Bison's) long enough that the icons mean numbers to me. Like Felipe said, a visual mnemonic.

I do use GT+, in icon-only mode. Numbers all over the table all the time are distracting, even irritating, to me. The trade-off of course is that if a subtle variation in the exact numbers might help make a decision, it takes time to click/hover the icon to see them. To me the trade-off is worth it, but if I multi-tabled more it may not be.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been using the same autorate rules (Bison's) long enough that the icons mean numbers to me. Like Felipe said, a visual mnemonic.

I do use GT+, in icon-only mode. Numbers all over the table all the time are distracting, even irritating, to me. The trade-off of course is that if a subtle variation in the exact numbers might help make a decision, it takes time to click/hover the icon to see them. To me the trade-off is worth it, but if I multi-tabled more it may not be.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should look into getting PAHUD. It allows you to customize the layout of the stats to however you see fit.

The other problem with bison's rules is that it doesn't take into account c/r%, attempt to steal, defend BB or SB, or WtSD, all of which are important stats. You can't really make an autorate system that incorporates all of these, so I prefer to just have the numbers.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:50 AM

For all interested, I thought I'd link to this thread by one of our beloved moderators, Gregatron, that explores the capabilities of PAHud. This was huge for me when he posted it and so many top notch posters shared their deppest, darkest, HUD secrets. Here it is: Show us your HUD.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:26 AM

Loyalguard, is it possible to get the poker tracker stats to show up in the poker table interface as you have shown for the HUD link? If so, how can this be accomplish? This would make things much easier for me. I currently view the table I'm at on a window outside of PT and I flip back and forth between Party Poker and the window (this isn't very convenient).
Old 11-23-2005, 11:38 AM

Buy PokerAce HUD.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:45 AM

Yes, just follow the link that Wookie sent. PA Hud will change the game for you - it is well worth the $25. When you start, I recommend just a couple of stats (VPIP/PFR/TA). Once you are more comfortable with using them the thread I linked to above has some great insight on the different stats.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:02 PM

Do you find this a lot better than Gametime+ I notice now that more and more people are getting pokerace, but not sure if it would give me a big enough advantage over what I get currently from GT+
Old 11-23-2005, 01:05 PM

Absolutely. The customizable layouts combined with the additional stats make it more than worth the $25.

Edit: This is on top of auto-detection of tables and more supported sites.