Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2001, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Shoe In of the Week

Tough call on the number, but I do like the under as I think

the number is a bit high for a Raider game.

WildBill, I don't know if I"d recommend taking the under here.

Raider totals so far this year:

Week 1 : 51

Week 3 : 33

Week 4 : 52

Week 5 : 49

Week 6 : 41

Week 7 : 30

These totals don't really indicate to me that the Monday night game should go under. Not to mention Denver has been giving up some points lately. Last three games (including one at home) they gave up 20,27,34.

natedogg
Old 11-03-2001, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Shoe In of the Week

Sorry I should have clarified, but Raiders games that go over are often blowouts, something I am not expecting here. The Cowboys game was heading to blowout status and the Raiders almost let them back into a tie and the Chiefs game was just weird, turnovers all over the place and just not what you would expect. When the Raiders play a tight game they get very conservative and if they have a small lead their playbook becomes about 15 choices of rushing plays, 4 or 5 short passes (slants and quick outs), and then one bomb thrown in because its Al Davis. Denver will run the ball a lot here and I think fairly successfully at that. As long as one team doesn't get a huge lead early, this one is going to be a lot of ball control and punts. Don't underestimate Denver, this is the game they want and need badly. They know how to beat this team and they will go with their best game plan, which is to use the run.