Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 09:50 PM

Default Re: **Katrina Relief Tournament #1 Tues. 9/6 Paradise Poker**

Great! Is there any way this can be written off on taxes? I wonder how well the IRS would like donations made through online poker sites. This won't keep me from donating, but I'd like to know before I do the transfer if there's anything I can do to make this deductible.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:56 AM

Default Re: **Katrina Relief Tournament #1 Tues. 9/6 Paradise Poker**

Great! Is there any way this can be written off on taxes?

it most certainly can. i made a large tsunami donation last year and was told to get the check to Intl-RedCross in fiscal 2004. the tourney was just after, but this worked perfectly because we had 2 waves of donations and i was able to max out 2004 from the early donations.

just save the emails on the tourney or katrinahelp transfers. these would be allowed.

for this event, ALL FUNDS GOING TO AMERICAN RED CROSS in case anyone is wondering. last year there was a split with doctors without borders, this year it will all go to RC.

it is better to donate through the paradise special account than direct because of the 100% match.

finally, i think paradise has taken our tournament and run with it regarding solicitation of donations. once again, Da zoo rules.

thx all