Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 10:36 PM

Default Party sometimes freezes when closing table

Hello, I have an 8300 dell with 1gig of ram. Sometimes when closing out a party table (party skin euro/empire/party) etc... The process freezes the computer and i have to push the start menu hot key on the keyboard to unfreeze it. Is this something that anyone else has ever had. I use stars, party, empire, yahoo messenger, poker ace and pokertracker at the same time. I have never had this problem with any other site or program. I have even tested to see how many sites i can open and tables. None have ever frozen me (pulled 62 tables on 9 sites). Only happens with party skins pushing the x button to close the table) Also, is there a way to make stars not come up when typing on another thing. I hate it when you are typing an email and the stars chat box pops up and you finish your sentence there.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:54 AM

Default Re: Party sometimes freezes when closing table

It happens to me too.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:02 AM

I have a problem with freezing when closing or minimizing party (and skins) tables. It freezes for 4-5 seconds. The solution for me was to remove the visual style in windows xp while playing (right click my computer -> properties -> advanced -> settings for visual effects etc... )

Let me know if this fixes your problem.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:33 PM

I strongly suspect it's a memory leak.

Their stupid parting banner won't shut down properly. Ever since they added that crap I'm getting virtual memory errors and have to end the party/empire executable from the process list in task manager whenever I don't feel like waiting a few minutes for it to give me my damn machine back.

Email party support about it.