Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Do I fold here?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (8 handed) converter

UTG (t740)
UTG+1 (t2575)
MP1 (t760)
MP2 (t935)
CO (t760)
Button (t725)
SB (t750)
Hero (t755)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls t15, UTG+1 calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t15, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t87.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t15</font>, Hero calls t15, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t30</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, Button calls t30, SB calls t15, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t90</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls t635.

Final Pot: t902.50

I can't really beat much that can min-raise and re-re-re-raise all in a person that flat called and re-re-raised, so it was an easy fold?

Results:
<font color="white"> He obviously had 66 and I suck out on the turn. I feel extra fishy.</font> [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Do I fold here?

I fold here especially after he came over the top of your re-raise. IMO you throw that re-raise out there to get a feel for where you are and if someone comes over the top you're beat.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:59 PM

You don't show what level tourney this is but I expect it is max of a 30+3. And in addition, the post is a little confusing. I'm assuming where it currently says "Hero calls t635" it actually means UTG raised all-in T635. There are 8 left in the tourney, and UTG still has most of his chips left, he is probably playing tight. Since the tourney is still at level 1, I would probably call here for two reasons. The only hands I'm really afraid of being called with are A2, and 66. If UTG is playing tight so far, I don't expect to see A2, because UTG it is not that great a hand and can't stand a raise, nor do I expect to see 66 since I would really expect a slow play from 66 here (and maybe even A2). I think he is making a play with a mid-pair (88-JJ)since he has an overpair, or tried to slow play a big pair, and the board scared him. My thoughts would be I can double up or start another tourney if I'm wrong about putting him on a hand. Just the thoughts of a frequent lurker, infrequent poster FWIW.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:43 PM

Looks the the converter had a fart. But yes he re-raised me all in right after I re-raised. 66 is the nut hand right now, and will very very likely take it down. It only really makes sesne for a 2, high kicker to push to kick out the weaker two, but you never know. I can't remember what level this was at but it's probably a 10+1