Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is the clown thread LAME
YES 22 100.00%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Competetive eating

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, what's ironic is that the three top "eaters" are all small, some Japanese dude who eats like a million hot dogs, a small Asian girl who eats a little less than a million, and some skinny white guy who eats about half a million.

You really would have thought that the big people would excel at this "sport"...

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem faced by the "big people" is the Belt of Fat Theory
[http://www.ifoce.com/news.php?action=detail&sn=39].

Simply put, the abdominal fat that many of these people have acts as a hinderence to the expansion of the stomach. So people like Badlands Booker and Cookie Jarvis have a built in limitation to how large their stomachs can get. Kobayashi and Thomas don't have this and their stomics can ballon up to a size that would literally rip the average person's stomach in two.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:12 PM

For answers to your question, check out The Black Widow's Webpage
Old 08-01-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Nathan's hot dog eating contest is different, though. It's a yearly tradition that's been around far longer than the "Competitive Eating Circuit". The average competitor in the hot dog eating contest (other than the top 3 finishers or so) doesn't put away as much food as the Competitive Eating people do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe this was the case in the past, but virtually all the contestants this year were FOCE regulars. There are regional qualifiers, so these are not just average joe's that get to participate. Though the top 2 crushed everybody this year and will for years to come. I think the girl passes kobayashi within 3 years. He's sliding.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Nathan's hot dog eating contest is different, though. It's a yearly tradition that's been around far longer than the "Competitive Eating Circuit". The average competitor in the hot dog eating contest (other than the top 3 finishers or so) doesn't put away as much food as the Competitive Eating people do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe this was the case in the past, but virtually all the contestants this year were FOCE regulars. There are regional qualifiers, so these are not just average joe's that get to participate. Though the top 2 crushed everybody this year and will for years to come. I think the girl passes kobayashi within 3 years. He's sliding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...I was just checking out the competitive eating website, and it appears that you're right. And most of the "athletes" seem to be on the smaller side, just like someone else pointed out. I was probably thinking of 'The Glutton Bowl' that they had on Fox awhile ago when I was thinking of the big fat guys.

I love this from the Q&A for one of the "Athletes":

17. WHAT DO YOU DO TO GET OVER THE WALL? I try to burp to get some air out. When you're full, and you burp, you're fine.

And they say competitive eating is not a sport! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]