Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2005, 08:40 AM

Default Laying down QQ, AA? NL 10/1 Sitngo

HAND #1
Early stages of a $10+$1 Sitngo on UB. We all have fairly equal stacks and too early for any player reads. I am dealt QQ in the BB. Folds around to the CO who raises 3x BB. Button calls. I raised all-in and get called by the button with KK. What's a better way to play this? Raise, but not all-in? How much of a raise? If the CO or button reraises big or all-in, do I fold? If I would have seen the flop without being all-in, it was all rags less than T. Then what? In fact the board was all less than T by the river - no flushes, no board pairs, middle str8 possibilities tho. How do I put the button on KK or AA?

HAND #2
Early stages of another $10+$1 Sitngo on UB. We all have fairly equal stacks and again too early for any player reads. I get AA in MP. One EP limper, I raise 3.5X BB. Limper calls. Flop is 37Jrainbow. Limper checks, I bet 2/3 of the pot. He thinks for awhile and calls. Great . . . I am thinking he has a J and I can extract chips. Turn is a 9. He checks. I bet a little more than the pot size. He check raises most of his chips. I decide to take my chances with AA and push, but half suspecting 2 pair (would he really call my raise with J9?). Sure enough he shows J9o and I bust out. How could I have played this better?