Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Criss Angel: Levitation

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, for all I know this is just some fancy illusion, but I can't come up with any way things like this are even close to possible, and its certainly not just camera angles and computer editing.

[/ QUOTE ]

And, you do know that The Lord Of The Rings is actually a documentary, don't you?

'Cuz no city in the world has ever closed off a street in order for a film crew to shoot a movie there and populate a scene with actors and extras.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

just curious, what else could he do if he can only levitate up and down for 4 seconds at a time?

[/ QUOTE ]

for starters hed collect a million dollars from the james randi challenge. From there it wouldnt be to hard to make gobs of money once it was proven that he could really do it. Hell, he could claim to be the second coming of christ and he'd have millions of people eager to believe. Seriously think about it. If it was proven that it was in fact true, it would be the biggest thing in the entire world. It would litterally change so many perceptions and beliefs about lots of things, that I couldnt even begin to think of all the ramifications.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just curious, what else could he do if he can only disprove so-called infallible tennets of science for 4 seconds at a time?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-26-2005, 11:46 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

I liked seeing him levitate while going up an escalator. Fake, yes, but damn it was kinda cool looking on tv.

b
Old 08-27-2005, 06:33 AM

He's The One! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2005, 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
never seen anyone levitate standing up like that, they're usually laying down so i don't know...but levitation is definately possible

[/ QUOTE ]

Levitation is about as possible as a donkeys ass magically transforming into a beautiful princess. I mean hey, they could do this on TV without any problems, so it must be true. Every donkeys ass is actually just a hot female waiting to emerge to blow me senseless.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:33 AM

I watched this show one time and was amazed he could levitate like that on an escalator and what seemed like the middle of nowhere sometimes. But if he was truly for REALS, that would mean he's the anti-Christ or something, right?
Old 08-27-2005, 02:02 PM

Use some of that poker roll and buy it. http://www.tilfordillusions.com/yoga...evitation.html
Old 08-27-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
never seen anyone levitate standing up like that, they're usually laying down so i don't know...but levitation is definately possible

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, totally.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:33 PM

FWIW, I did a little (little) research, and came up with lots of informaiton on the Balducci Levitation, which is basically an angle illusion where you just stand on the tiptoes of your right foot while using your left leg to block the view of the audience. However, this is not the technique Angel uses. Possible or not, the guy's a helluva showman. I thought for a bit that I'd like to know how he does it, but really, I'd rather not.

Also, for the people that say that everyone in his audiences are "in on it" and its for TV...doesn't that kind of go entirely against the magician/illusionist's key goal, which is to entertain people close up and get that real reaction?