Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Re: F1 USA GP

Was going to watch this but fell asleep before hand. How awful. Most of the racing drivers and team owners think this has irrevocably ruined F1 in America.

The Fans have every right to be furious. They should get their tickets refunded, and Ecclestone should be happy he doesn't have to give any further compensation. The tickets should be refunded because they bought tickets to a F1 race and didn't get it. They should really get extra compensation on top of that because they have had to give up time and travel money, had hopes crushed etc. Sick.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:12 PM

Old 06-19-2005, 10:50 PM

This was the mos tridiculous motorsport event I have ever seen. It was entertaining watching at home but I woudl be PISSED if I was there in person. F1 just shot itsefl in the foot, the nuts, the face, the leg, the chest, and the arm, all at the same time. I will continue to watch but man... they have NO chance in the USA after this fiasco.
Old 06-19-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Fans have every right to be furious. They should get their tickets refunded, and Ecclestone should be happy he doesn't have to give any further compensation. The tickets should be refunded because they bought tickets to a F1 race and didn't get it. They should really get extra compensation on top of that because they have had to give up time and travel money, had hopes crushed etc. Sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is who is going to give the money back? It's not like it's Tony's fault this thing went to hell. Freaking Bernie bitches that the race is under marketed and it's the 2nd or 3rd highest attended event each year in F1? George pays $5 million for this garbage? I'm thinking he's spending some more money on lawyers this week.

I tried to give F1 another shot this year and it has actually been much better up till now. You just can't run a "sport" like this and expect to survive. Who the hell is going to go back if there is a race next year? Beyond the die hard, hard core F1 fans who would want to risk their hard earned money on a cluster fk like this?
Old 06-19-2005, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is who is going to give the money back? It's not like it's Tony's fault this thing went to hell. Freaking Bernie bitches that the race is under marketed and it's the 2nd or 3rd highest attended event each year in F1? George pays $5 million for this garbage? I'm thinking he's spending some more money on lawyers this week.

I tried to give F1 another shot this year and it has actually been much better up till now. You just can't run a "sport" like this and expect to survive. Who the hell is going to go back if there is a race next year? Beyond the die hard, hard core F1 fans who would want to risk their hard earned money on a cluster fk like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously Bernie should be giving the refunds. Look, it's a good rule but when 70% of the racers have to pull out due to safety concerns and you won't give a one time exemption (remember the rule is new this year) then you have to realize the fans will be pissed. If Bernie doesn't do something about this then he better not come back because he will be COLDLY received when F1 comes back to the United States.
Old 06-19-2005, 11:53 PM

It will be a cold day in hell before Bernie forks over $10 million + of his own money. Once he starts giving money to the ticket holders you know George will be wanting his $5 million back, the sponsors will want their money back, etc...

George has spent tens of millions of dollars to bring F1 to the US and they just boned him for his troubles. With an ego as big as Tony's I'm really interested to see how this developes.
Old 06-19-2005, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It will be a cold day in hell before Bernie forks over $10 million + of his own money. Once he starts giving money to the ticket holders you know George will be wanting his $5 million back, the sponsors will want their money back, etc...

George has spent tens of millions of dollars to bring F1 to the US and they just boned him for his troubles. With an ego as big as Tony's I'm really interested to see how this developes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Women should be dressed in white like the rest of the domestic appliances.

What a douche.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously Bernie should be giving the refunds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. And since half the people there were from Europe, it wouldn't hurt if he bought them all plane tickets too.

He's the [censored] CEO and the president of F1. He has all the power and it's his sole responsibility to make sure this race happens. He is responsible for this mess in more ways than one IMO.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With an ego as big as Tony's I'm really interested to see how this developes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word of the day: Litigation

And George can win this one.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With an ego as big as Tony's I'm really interested to see how this developes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word of the day: Litigation

And George can win this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Bernie is in serious trouble and deserves a HUGE lawsuit. If he wants to have absolute power over FIA then he takes absolute blame when something goes wrong.

I just cant' understand what he was thinking today, deciding it would be a good idea to run with 6 people. From his other sound bytes though he's obviously mentally challenged.