Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 08:48 AM

Default Re: Goonies...

[ QUOTE ]
Meh. It was o.k. but there much better kiddie adventure movies around.

[/ QUOTE ]

lies, lies, lies
Old 06-24-2005, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Meh. It was o.k. but there much better kiddie adventure movies around.

[/ QUOTE ]

lies, lies, lies

[/ QUOTE ]

I could think of a half dozen easy...starting with Time Bandits.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:24 AM

This man agrees:

Great [censored] movie.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If someone was to say to me, "Grue, name a movie that really hasn't stood up well under the test of ti--" "the goonies"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, my VHS is showing its age. The picture quality is really poor. Luckily they made a pretty good DVD transfer. That one should last a lot longer.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

If you bought the DVD and didn't just transfer from VHS to DVD, check out the deleted scenes. They are absolutely horrible. There's one with a giant squid. It grabs the girl that lost her glasses and Mouth. One of the kids bites a tenticle?!?! Then Data buts a little radio in its mouth and it kinda dances away...its horribly terrific.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ralph MAcchio was on last weeks episode of Entourage. If I saw him at the mall, and you told me it was Ralph Macchio, I wouldn't believe you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto Anthony Michael Hall. also, Molly Ringwald's filled out a bit (but not necessarily in the right places). Aging is a bitch.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:32 PM

Jake, I worry for your soul
Old 06-24-2005, 12:37 PM

Watching the DVD with cast commentary is pretty good; they actually got the entire cast together to watch/comment.

I love that movie...
Old 06-24-2005, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If someone was to say to me, "Grue, name a movie that really hasn't stood up well under the test of ti--" "the goonies"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, my VHS is showing its age. The picture quality is really poor. Luckily they made a pretty good DVD transfer. That one should last a lot longer.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

If you bought the DVD and didn't just transfer from VHS to DVD, check out the deleted scenes. They are absolutely horrible. There's one with a giant squid. It grabs the girl that lost her glasses and Mouth. One of the kids bites a tenticle?!?! Then Data buts a little radio in its mouth and it kinda dances away...its horribly terrific.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah I bought it. There's also another scene with Troy in a convenience store or something to introduce his character better.

It's a great movie. Second only to Stand By Me in that genre, obviously in my opinion.

~D
Old 06-24-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah I bought it. There's also another scene with Troy in a convenience store or something to introduce his character better.

It's a great movie. Second only to Stand By Me in that genre, obviously in my opinion.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that scene with Troy wouldn't have fit in with the movie. Did Brandon catch up with them on the girls bike there? If so, how did they get away again so that Troy could have attempted murder by throwing Bran off the side of the road?