Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2005, 10:52 PM

Default My internet conncection keeps crashing (long)

I have high-speed cable internet service through the local cable company, Cox Cable. My connection started crashing on me about five days ago. It would crash, then a few hours later it would work again for a short while and then crash again. My cable TV feed worked uniterupted. I have a splitter that splits the cable to my digital cable box and my Linksys cable modem.

I contacted support and they suggested that I change my splitter. They said it was common for these items to wear out and that the cable TV feed would not be affected. I changed the splitter and all was fine for two days. Then the same problem popped up. I changed the splitter again, they are cheap and contacted support.

They sent a serviceman over who moved my exterior connection from a large splitter (8 ways) to the main building connection. My service went uniterrupted until today. The crash problem returned. I changed the splitter again and am now able to connect. I am on hold with support right now.

Anyone know firsthand, or care to speculate what my problem may be? A short in one of the cables? A failing cable modem (2 years old)? Thanks in advance for your help.