Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 06:32 PM

Default What can you do wrong at Sit&Gos???

So, I have finished 175 Sit&Gos and my results suck:

69 x 22s: +10.67% ROI, 39.13 ITM, +162$
97x 33s: -5.34% ROI, 27.84 ITM, -171$
9x 55s: +1.01% ROI, 33.33 ITM, +5$

Only thing is: I dont know why my results suck so bad. Now I ask you:

a) Is it all variance? Small sample size etc... but plz take into consideration that I have played 7777 Sit&Go Hands, and that must have some inner meaning.

b) Play in levels 1-3 seems to be easy. Weak-tight, bet 1/2 pot etc... I was tilting some time, I dont have good reads and on average I lose 2 Chips during the first 3 levels.
But this isnt too much, is it?

c) Most of the Bubble Play seems easy and straightforward. Pushing is pure math, calling is pure math. Maybe 10% Intuition because one cant compute while playing but still. Only thing I have problem with is:

1. If there are 1-2 limpers, I'm on Button with X BB, how do I compute it? I need to know there limping ranges, SB call range, BB call Range, Fold Equity for Limper 1, Fold Equity for Limper 2, chance to win when called, ICM calculation.

2. Same against a minraiser, 3BB-Raiser, 3BB-Raiser + Coldcaller etc... How do I compute this easily?

d) If you have a big/clearly above average stack in level 3/level 4. Should you use it to gamble in very marginal +EV decisions, or should u use it to wait longer and pick your spots when stealing bettter?

e) When you have a low/clearly below average stack in level 3/ level 4. Should you try to gamble since your Equity is low anyways and you dont have much too lose and can start a newer Sit&Go quickly or should you wait for a good hand and hope to win 2-3 coinflips to get back?
Old 05-19-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Re: What can you do wrong at Sit&Gos???

175 sngs is not enough to draw conclusions.

but if you are asking whether 175 sngs is enough to draw conclusions and also say "oh the bubble is simple" you're probably not very good. I can't understand the rest of your questions.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:39 PM

a) I don't think so. Its definitly possible but not probable. I've had negative roi's over this many sngs but what worries me about your numbers is the ITM %. It really needs to be up around 40 and it tends to show its true self after far fewer sngs than roi. This leads me to beleive you have some serious leaks.

d. If you have a big stack in level 3 and 4 you should play very tight ~the same as levels 1-3. Around level 5 (i think its level 5, I'm talking when the blinds are 100/200) you should start to steal when you are in the sb/button type area.

e. You should probably not be pushing to steal in level 3 in many cases if you played correctly in levels 1-3. Once level 4 hits (50/100 blinds) you should begin stealing if you have ~<10 BB.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:44 PM

i'm getting really [censored] sick of people just going "is it all just variance."

although i personally appreciate how funny it would be to have my post end exactly there, i think i'll write more.

you've played 175 goddamn games, from the sample that we've been shown, you're not a very impressive sng player. honestly, your ITMs are just too low for me to say anything other than that you are bad player at first glance. if you had say, 15,000 games of success before this, and then had a run like this, yeah, i'd say "just variance." but as it is, Variance From What?

your itm is much more acceptable at the 20s than at the 30s and 50s. your roi at that level is still not to great.

just from these numbers there's absolutely no way for anyone to draw any conclusions about your play except for that the most likely cause of your bad results is bad play.

i'm gonna stop there.

citanul
Old 05-19-2005, 06:45 PM

we need an FAQ on this forum!

175 SNGs!!! That's three nights of my play. Anything goes over three sessions of poker
Old 05-19-2005, 06:46 PM

I have a feeling its closer to 3 weeks for the op.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we need an FAQ on this forum!

175 SNGs!!! That's three nights of my play. Anything goes over three sessions of poker

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean like one of these?

yeah, something like that would be handy. v.002 should be coming out soon.

citanul
Old 05-19-2005, 06:53 PM

yea, what citanul said.. holla
Old 05-19-2005, 07:06 PM

I don't think your results suck so bad. With a small sample and probably a few leaks in your game I think they are very reasonable.

Sometimes by reading on this forum you might get the impression that this is just a cashcow where you automatically will get 20%+ ROI. That is of course nonsense.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have a big stack in level 3 and 4

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for dumb question, but what constitutes a "big" stack? How many XBB?