Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 08:36 AM

Default Re: How Smart is Your Significant Other Compared to You?

[ QUOTE ]
well my whatever he is....he is smarter...but just in some things...we even each other out

[/ QUOTE ]

such as....?
Old 08-09-2005, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll let OOT be the judge...is it:

a:
Bachelor's degree in Finance - UCLA
MBA - Stanford

-or-

b:
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering - UC-Berkeley
MSCS - San Jose State

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll take "B" for $200, Alex.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:18 AM

Default we\'re both geniuses

Mine is slightly smarter than I am in many ways; I am slightly smarter in a few other ways. If there was a huge diference in our intelligence, we wouldn't be together for long.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Re: we\'re both geniuses

[ QUOTE ]
we're both geniuses

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering how much you suck at law (which you are also studying in school) I highly doubt this. Just giving you a reality check, which you need.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:10 AM

Go talk to your lawyer and ask him if it's a good idea or not a good idea to post pictures of girls on the internet without their permission.

Then ask if it's a good idea to link to other sites without getting their permission first.

I think you're getting confused here. Just like internet gaming, the legal lines are blurry and haven't been totally defined. And just like internet gaming, it might be worth it to take the risk individually because the chances of getting caught are small and the chances of winning lots f money are big.

Same thing here. OOT makes 2+2 a lot of money and it might be worth it to look the other way because the chances of getting sued are small. That doesn't change the fact that there's a chance to get sued and that the legality of many of these posts is in question. It's a risk. A calculated one, that let's the business profit, but one that in the long run could turn out to be a bad move for a variety of reasons, not just legal.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm definitely smarter, but it isn't a blowout. She's a lot more successful though, which led me to believe she was smarter in the beginning.

Now that I know better, I find myself much more attracted to girls who I know for a fact are smarter or as smart as me.

[/ QUOTE ]

My story exactly. She has a Masters degree - I dropped out of college. I am still much smarter - she just works at it more.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Go talk to your lawyer and ask him if it's a good idea or not a good idea to post pictures of girls on the internet without their permission.

Then ask if it's a good idea to link to other sites without getting their permission first.

I think you're getting confused here. Just like internet gaming, the legal lines are blurry and haven't been totally defined. And just like internet gaming, it might be worth it to take the risk individually because the chances of getting caught are small and the chances of winning lots f money are big.

Same thing here. OOT makes 2+2 a lot of money and it might be worth it to look the other way because the chances of getting sued are small. That doesn't change the fact that there's a chance to get sued and that the legality of many of these posts is in question. It's a risk. A calculated one, that let's the business profit, but one that in the long run could turn out to be a bad move for a variety of reasons, not just legal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already did. My dad is very good lawyer. He's good enough that governors and mayors buy him VIP tickets to special events. He's a senior partner at a very large law firm. I sent him an e-mail.

Although I am not legally allowed to copy what he said in his e-mail, I still stand by my statement that you suck at law. Thanks for getting "Is my gf cute" thread deleted. Although I agree the OP was a bit immature (and in lust/love) there was some good discussion in that thread.

BTW, this is one more reason that you, and everyone like you, make me sick.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:45 PM

I think its close.

Im an engineer.

she can save someone's life.