Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Confusing 1010 hand.. thoughts?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but that is because I would've decided to stop putting chips in after calling his minraise on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you never put in chips after calling minraise on the flop, why did you call the flop?

Just push the flop or fold when he raises you. I prefer fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to be able to see the logic in this. Whether you agree with it or not can be debated. Your bet and call of his raise indicates a decent amount of strength to the average player. He is going to be very hard pressed to bet a worse hand again on the turn (especially with the board paired, and I know raptor would never have a 5 here, but alot of players could), and I think you'll see this go check, check a fair amount of the time when your tt is good (given the turn card). You can then check the river or blocking bet it depending on the card, but I would often check with the intention of calling most rivers assuming the river card wasn't too scary, and the bet didn't reveal something new to me.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:13 PM

Against a random player your are beat 80% of the time here. Barring a read I fold the turn or maybe even the flop minraise.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:13 PM

I'm factoring the preflop action into this opinion, too.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
F*ck I mis-read the hand earlier, thought there was another to act behind PF raiser on the flop. Anyway, guys Villain really doesn't have to have a monster here. If he reads Raptor's bet as a probe (and C/Ring here with a monster is more typical, right or wrong) then he can min-raise AK here easily. After Raptor just calls, he's indicating that he has a hand he likes, but not so much. After Raptor checks the two flush river its real clear he's not all that happy about his hand, as there's no reason Villain cannot be drawing here. If I am dropped onto this turn in VIllain's shoe's I'm putting raptor all-in with AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are most definitely not the average player that would be dropped into this situation, and they would almost definitely not be thinking this deeply. You're writing supports how the hand could play out the way it did with you still being ahead. This is very true, this could happen this way. But this betting pattern could also indicate that you are beat, and I feel that you are beat way more than your line of thinking is true.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this isnt a 10 dollar sng, actual poker is being played. the thing i dont understand is why 2+2 people HATE to see a turn. its either push preflop, or push on the flop. god forbid we take a card off and see what happens on the turn.. holla
Old 07-13-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
F*ck I mis-read the hand earlier, thought there was another to act behind PF raiser on the flop. Anyway, guys Villain really doesn't have to have a monster here. If he reads Raptor's bet as a probe (and C/Ring here with a monster is more typical, right or wrong) then he can min-raise AK here easily. After Raptor just calls, he's indicating that he has a hand he likes, but not so much. After Raptor checks the two flush river its real clear he's not all that happy about his hand, as there's no reason Villain cannot be drawing here. If I am dropped onto this turn in VIllain's shoe's I'm putting raptor all-in with AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are most definitely not the average player that would be dropped into this situation, and they would almost definitely not be thinking this deeply. You're writing supports how the hand could play out the way it did with you still being ahead. This is very true, this could happen this way. But this betting pattern could also indicate that you are beat, and I feel that you are beat way more than your line of thinking is true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. It's entirely possible for the villain to be holding AK, but I don't think it's likely by a long shot.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this isnt a 10 dollar sng, actual poker is being played. the thing i dont understand is why 2+2 people HATE to see a turn. its either push preflop, or push on the flop. god forbid we take a card off and see what happens on the turn.. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't mind you seeing the turn. It's here that I think I give the hand up.

But I like check/calling the flop. It's cheaper.

Because half the deck sucks for you. You're letting AK and 2 overs draw to 6 outs, a flush draw draw to nine, and letting AK represent flush, or flush draw represent AK.

There's no card in the deck that can really help you, and half the deck sucks.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What turn card do you want to see? There are so many turn cards that make you hate your hand here.

Trust me, there are plenty of times I'm willing to take a card off. This isn't one of them.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:17 PM

i check/call all the way down and prolly fold to a push.