Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2004, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Aderol adderall

whereas I can go for weeks without doing laundry.

This is how lazy I am about laundry: I pay someone $100/month to do my laundry and dry-cleaning once a week.

GoT
Old 10-07-2004, 12:34 PM

Exactly. Well said.

I played on Ritalin at Foxwoods before and you really need to restrain yourself and play tight. You want to play every hand and your confidence/eagerness are out of control. Luckily for me I was still kind of sleepy so the high was somewhat mitigated.

There are very few situations where I think it's necessary to take drugs to play all night. It would have to be a ludicrously good game and you would have to be an experienced player.

Taking drugs and playing all night is binge behavior. I've done it and so have a lot of people, but I think it's best to identify it as what it is. I'm not trying to get all uptight about it, just being frank.

NT
Old 10-07-2004, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whereas I can go for weeks without doing laundry.

This is how lazy I am about laundry: I pay someone $100/month to do my laundry and dry-cleaning once a week.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got the same lazy problem when it comes to laundry, I've tried offering my broke college friends $2 a load to come pick it up and stuff but nobody has bit so far. I'm still working on having the girlfriend do it for me though.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:23 PM

How does one get a prescription? Like you, I am often lacking motivation to clean and/or pay attention to things in detail. I feel this would help my poker game quite a bit!

Any info would be great [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2004, 02:28 PM

I feel this would help my poker game quite a bit!

It probably would, but if you read through this thread you'll see it probably would be detrimental to the rest of your life. To get a prescription, just go to a doctor and get them to say you have some sort of attention deficit disorder. Say you have trouble concentrating for extended periods of time, it's affecting your performance in classes, etc. That's what my former roomie did at least.

GoT
Old 10-07-2004, 02:32 PM

If you are highschool/college aged, it shouldn't be too hard to fake ADD to get a prescription. If you wanted to, you could read up a lot on the internet on the symptoms of ADD, and then go to your doctor and try to reproduce those symptoms as best you can. Many people do this to get Adderall.

But I'm not recommending it, because it would be illegal.

edit: But judging by your location, you're an Astros fan, so the legality of the issue shouln't phase you.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:33 PM

I have read the thread and, IMO, any controlled drugs can't be good for you, regardless of what they are. This is why they are controlled. But I do admit that I like to experiment, so... I might take a shot and see what happens.

Not in high school/college - 26 years old. Almost though! lol

Thanks.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:43 PM

This drug is no laughing matter. It is basically pharmaceutical grade speed for people with A.D.D. On that note, if you need to pull an all nighter I highly recommend.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:04 PM

Actually, while subjects opinions of their performance many not be accurate while under the influence, cocaine has been found to increase performance.

The thing is, you wind up using up neurotransmitters and their precursors such as acetylcholine chemicals cocaine and the increase in performance comes down sharply. More sharply than a user's ability to detect it.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if it's depression i've been depressed my whole life. i generally neglect anything that is not a dire necessity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neglecting things to that extent is indeed a strong indicator of depression. And depression can be lifelong.