Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2004, 01:42 AM

Default Re: Aderol adderall

"like, if you took it for a couple days and did amazing things, you could possibly continue doing amazing things because of the results high."

Nope, you'd come down and feel worse because of the highly agitated, restless, unable to sleep well phase you had just put your body through. You won't likely feel productive while taking aderol, you'll just feel compelled to continue doing things to respond to your general feeling of unease. Many poeple end up looking for a way to take of the edge, thicking the chemical soup in there bodies. I'd seriously advise going the GoT way, and even more so if poker is in any way due to what might be an addictive personality.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:14 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

if it's depression i've been depressed my whole life. i generally neglect anything that is not a dire necessity.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:26 AM

Is it a street drug, otc or prescription?
Old 10-07-2004, 02:27 AM

Is it a street drug, otc or prescription?

It's prescription, but kids in suburbia are selling it on the streets.

GoT
Old 10-07-2004, 03:40 AM

It is mixed amphetamine salts chemically. You have to get a new prescription every month to get a refill as it's a schedule 2 controlled substance.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:52 AM

I've never used it for Poker, but i've used it to party.

It's fun, it's effects are like cocaine. You are hyper, but you can concentrate, you just want to be doing something, thinking about something.

I think it would be great for poker. I'm in college too so access to it is easy. Next time I play a big PP tourney I want to try to use it because I think you could recognize betting patterns much better. Also, when playing online, I have serious trouble paying attention. I tend to turn the TV on, browse this site, etc.

Coming down, it's not as bad as cocaine. Cocaine is very depressing. Aderral, you want more, but it doesn't make you feel like absolute crap.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:54 AM

its similar to ridalin and i tried it with the expectation of it helping my concentration. unfortunately it made me very jittery and super talkative. i found i had a hard time sitting still and was running my mouth while i should have been concentrating on other things (not to mention annoying my opponents even more than normal as im talkative by nature) when i was younger it was prescrbed to me for ADHD so i thought it would help, but i think when its only being used sporadically it has too strong an affect and a lot of negatives that adversely affect your game
matty
Old 10-07-2004, 08:23 AM

Surprised that no has brought up the obvious which is the difference between subjective and objective measures of performance when using stimulants such as caffeine, speed and cocaine.

The proof is conclusive that whilst in your own opinion your performance is enhanced, this is actualy an illusion created by the drug.

Objective analysis of performance shows that the subjects actual perfomance is inhibited by use of these drugs.

Of course you can stay awake at lot longer but dont think you can stay awake longer and play well.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:43 AM

I have a buddy that takes the stuff all the time (not legally) and I think he is for sure addicted. It makes you super talkative and I think you have a hard time remembering things. You may do well in the moment, but you act like a junkie (contsant yapping and cottonmouth). When I used it, I took half a dose and it charged me up. It is basically speed and unhealthy. We take it to Vegas since we don't sleep for days at a time, but otherwise it is pretty bad for you.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:21 PM

I am a little bit like this as well. I am kind of obsessive about music and running/swimming, and basically if I miss a day of practice I completely freak out. whereas I can go for weeks without doing laundry.

--turnipmonster