Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 12:04 AM

Default Re: 23 very interesting Chuck Klosterman questions (LONG!)

[ QUOTE ]
And try to think about this a little more deeply. Clearly, if it was easy to kill the horse under the given parameters, the choice would be much easier. But Chuck isn't looking for easy answers, presumably.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I know this. I'm saying that I've got a very strong will and if I knew the benefits of this situation I could force myself to do it. Also I think I'm physically capable.

The question, though, is also who gets defined as a political prisoner. For instance, people who legitimately organized suicide bombings, do they get out with the innocent? I would guess that the ratio of innocent to guilty is off the charts though.

NT
Old 04-28-2005, 12:26 AM

1. Yes. Way more.

2.Answer would be too long.

3. Hitler's skull

4.The ratings would be great, but I don't think the gorilla should be allowed to play.

5.Alice in Chains isn't that bad. Besides, most of my favorite music is instumental.

6.Nope. Don't want anyone seeing my dreams.

7.Sasquatch. The Sasquatch and Loch Ness monster are far bigger stories than the president, and Bigfoot gets the edge because he is more local.

8.No, I would still marry her. (If I believed in marriage, that is).

9.Sure, I read it to see what the deal is.

10. Bright Lights, Big City.

11.Good grief, go call my mom. That's what DVDs are for.

12.Great question. $11

13.Answer would be too long and none of your business.

14.I think it would piss off cats to read it and not be able to comment on it.

15.Eh, more like, how will I spend the next six months?

16.No. Football is boring. If I am destined to be struck by some horrible misfortune that turns me into a football fan, I will put it off as long as I can.

17.Bacardi? What happened to my sense of taste? Who do I trust less? With what? Taking the question at face value, I would be more likely to trust the man with a past.

18.Europe. Ain't no hot girls on the moon.

19.Sorry about the broken ribs, man. There was like, a giant spider about to bite your face, really!

20.I already know what my actual life is like, I would want to see how Columbia Tri-Star butchered it. They would have had to take some really big liberties to get audiences to like it. (And who they cast as me. I'm thinking Leo DiCaprio.)

21.You mean I can live my life over and change things and I'm concerned about my virginity? That would be among the least of my concerns. But I think when I lost it was fine.

22.Hmm drinker and womanizer or thief and degenerate gambler. Tough choice. What kind of dumb question is this? Besides, screw them. If they are such that they gossip and believe rumors, then I don't really give a fig for their opinions.

23.What? John Ritter is my dad? Ok.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

18.Europe. Ain't no hot girls on the moon.

[/ QUOTE ]

True.... but think of how many chicks you could pick up with a great conversation starter like 'so... you ever been on the moon?'
Old 04-28-2005, 12:57 AM

2 I would mention

9. I would read it. Right now what do they say? 10% are gay right? Well after the book it looks like 30% were really gay. I don't think I am gay before this book and nothing has changed so I read it. If I was wrong and I am gay my world is not crushed. Every gay person I know is just as happy as the straight ones. Life would go on I'm sure. If I find out I am not gay I recite quotes from the book to guys I hate. And maybe to girls who turn me down, I gota think on this however.

13. I say "I always wanted to see the super dome and thanks for the last supper ladies. But I think you have underestimated how many of these fine working ladies will protect their best John." I'm sure my excessive tipping and the respect I showed these street walkers will save my hide here.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:12 AM

1.) More IMPRESSIVE? Uh, no. Since he's limited and can't learn anymore, it's not ABILITY, it's just a lucky turn of events for him. It's like asking if Gheorge Muresan is more impressive than, say, Magic Johnson. No, he's more freakish, for sure, though.

2.) If I knew to a very high certainty taht I could kill the horse, buh bye. If not, nope. Oh, and it would also depend on who's on the list.

3.) Turtle. $999 ain't that much.

4.) Nope. NFL is for humans. No matter how human-like a gorilla is, it's still a gorilla.

5.) Almost definitely swallow the pill. The only thing that makes it close is my soulmate is a damn good singer, and I'd miss hearing her sing.

6.) "still"? Uh, I wouldn't in the first place. I don't think anything good can come of remember dreams. I'll just live my life, thanks.

7.) President.

8.) I do not think I'd marry this person.

9.) the pre-existing likelihood is damn near 0% anyways, so um, neither.

10.) dunno either.

11.) leave

12.) $0.00. Appearance don't matter.

13.) Sleep with or had sex with? Two very very very different questions.

14.) Interesting.

15.) Trying to teach people how to be smart.

16.) Because I'm alone in the room, I assume CFL isn't popular. As such, I delay the inevitable and unpopularity of it all for as long as possible and watch SportsNight instead.

17.) No past.

18.) 10 minutes on the moon for a few reasons. Not the least of which is "I get to get back to my life sooner"

19.) I'd say "it just seemed like the thing to do". When he questions wtf I mean by that, I'd elaborate by saying "Why do you think???...I tripped?!?!" I have a tough time lying.

20.) I'd be slightly more interested in the slightly ficticious one. I know how the other story ends up.

21.) Same.

22.) The first one bothers me more cuz it's true. I don't care if people wanna believe lies.

23.) Because my Dad was, to me, about the best damn Dad ever, I'd feel like I'm missing out greatly by having Mr. Ritter as my pa.

Fewer than 5 of these were really tricky at all.

Josh
Old 04-28-2005, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

13.) Sleep with or had sex with? Two very very very different questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, what?
Old 04-28-2005, 01:44 AM

1. i go einstein.

2. i guess id kill the horse. can i just have a gun.

3. hitler is far more +ev.

4. um no.

5. haha. sure for my soulmate.

6. i dont even want myself to watch my dreams.

7. gotta go with the loch ness monster.

8. i could deal.

9. ahahaha. i wouldnt read if but not for fear of gayness. i just arent interested in crime books. if i was interested in a diff book with the same effects i would read it.

10. cant comment

11. finish the movie.

12. hahahaha. i give him whatever is in my pocket. i mean, thats not that much money really. assuming i have 100k in my pocket i would give him like 5 max.

13. hahahaha. poker.

14. they would certainly be insulted by it. their depression due to limitations indicates that they have this sort of awareness.

15. high stakes poker.

16. no. unless i want to.

17. i trust them equally. however, if i knew the man with the past's past then i would trust him more because it would be easier to anticipate his actions and motivations.

18. moon and this one is not close at all. this is by far the easiset.

19. hahaha. say u tripped.

20. the documentary.

21. hahaha. earlier by 3 years.

22. the second by far. i win at gambling. furthermore, we can assume that i (or u) read 2+2 all day at work.

23. i would certainly feel used if ppl were watching my life on tv for leisure.

gawd. that was long.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:21 AM

In college, I slept with a bunch of girls that I never fooled around with. I won't name names here, since we went to the same college.

So, does the original question mean people you've SLEPT with, or people you've had SEX with? It's a very different group of people.

Josh
Old 04-28-2005, 02:25 AM

Awww, dammit. I just reread the question. he initially says "slept with", but then lists the audience and calls them "former lovers", so he must mean had sex with, not 'slept with'.

in that case, I'd talk about music, and all it can do.

Josh