Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2001, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Revenge not the answer (longish)

I think everyone might be tiptoeing around the biggest point here. Although its a big help to get rid of policies that will make the threat of terrorism surface I think there is something even more important. A number of systems in place to safe guard our country have broke down. You can't have every nation in the world happy with you especially if you have the biggest piece of the proverbial pie. Sometimes to preserve the United States interests we will have to disargee with our allies. I think that we will need to take a look at those systems that are in place and change or improve their function. We need secure airways in a way that will forever prevent this kind of catastrophe. We need to have the man power in the FBI to check out every threat thoroughly. We need to have air traffic controllers who can call a central government office and have fighters dispached when a plane goes so far off course. Our reactions were obviously not fast enough and our FBI didn't know enough to prevent at the second terrorist attack.

Zach