Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2005, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Five Thousand Jews And 9/11

Wow,
I think I have finally encountered someone who is truely self loathing.
X
Old 04-25-2005, 09:22 AM

I'm sorry to keep this thread alive here. I truely do not mean to troll. However, I would like to relate an experience I once had. Once upon a time I knew a Jewish lady in Silicon Valley. The crap she spewed at me about the state of Isreal could have been written by Nazi's only reversing the words Arian (sp?) and Jewish. It is a sad truth, there are racist Jews. I have also met racist Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, Japanese, Chinese, and Canadians. You would be suprised at just how much everybody hates everybody else. Or maybe you wouldn't.
X
Old 04-25-2005, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So did you just admit that you're an anti-semite?

[/ QUOTE ]

PoBoy321:

Although I do belive Al is a Troll (just read his threads over the past year, he is often abusive) I'd like to set the record straight. There are many Jews who are anti-semetic (which is sad in my opinion), and there are also countless jews who are anti-zionist. I for one do not belive Isreal should have been formed, therefore I am not a zionist. With that I would like to mention that I was born to Jewish & Catholic parents, I had most of my family wiped out in WWII camps, and I have numerous family members living in Israel.

ironic .. but true.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because I do not agree with you I have been "abusive". If I agreed with you then I guess you would say that I am charm itself.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:40 AM

I haven't read through most of the thread so maybe I am missing something. However, let me make a statement that may either clear things up or muddy the waters further.

1. All religions believe that their way is the right and only way.
2. If their way is the right way, the way chosen by others must be wrong.
3. If others are wrong and I am right - I can either teach (save) those others or pitty them for missing out on the "truth".

In conclusion, all religions are, by definition, exclusionary of other religions/beliefs. And all religious people are by definition prejudicial against people of other faiths.

It doesn't matter what religion you are. Just keep in mind that by being religious, you are - by definition - exclusionary and think you are better than people of other religions (or no religion for that matter). Thus, there isn't much difference between being religious and being a racist (in one instance you have prejudices based on race and in the other based on religion).

Now this is a far cry from comparing Judaism, Hinduism or other religions to Nazism. The biggest disctinction is the use of force. Only the Nazi's decided that in order to enforce their beliefs they are willing to murder millions of people. Only the Nazi's decided that the best way to propogate their beliefs is to exterminate any opposing views. To say religion is an exclusionary practice that promotes the belief that you are right and others are wrong is way different than saying there is no difference between Judaism and Nazism.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry to keep this thread alive here. I truely do not mean to troll. However, I would like to relate an experience I once had. Once upon a time I knew a Jewish lady in Silicon Valley. The crap she spewed at me about the state of Isreal could have been written by Nazi's only reversing the words Arian (sp?) and Jewish. It is a sad truth, there are racist Jews. I have also met racist Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, Japanese, Chinese, and Canadians. You would be suprised at just how much everybody hates everybody else. Or maybe you wouldn't.
X

[/ QUOTE ]

Only Reform Judaism allows conversion. Orthodox Judaism does not. For the orthodox, the world is divided into Jew and Gentile. Judaism was surprised by the goodness of a Samaritan. Why? because Judaism is a racist ideology. Jews believe that they were raised above all other peoples as a people by God. People is defined racially. There are Hindus who would deny Hinduism is a racist ideology but it is just like Judaism, Nazism and Shinto.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well you know who's responsible for astroturf, don't you? The Jews. They hate grass. Always have, always will.

And everyone else is right. You're a retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

In another post, you call my prior posts "abusive".

I guess that means that in the circles you move in calling some one "a retard" is a sign of affection or love even. The pot calling the kettle black methinks.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wrong forum, troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is a troll? (I guess it's not good [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].)
Old 04-25-2005, 10:00 AM

I have enjoyed your postings and the reactions of other posters.......... It all comes down to this: People are Morons and All Religion is Garbage.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:02 AM

I've been sucked in now.
I have always viewed bigotry (any shade thereof) as taking two forms. The first is benign. Feeling that you are superior and feeling sorry for someone or wanting to "save the world" or "show people the one true (my) way." The second is malicious. That is, using said bigotry to go exterminate people of competing ideologies, economies, etc and take their wealth. I once fell in love with the idea of viewing history through the lense of bloodlines. I found, though, that this is a flawed idea from an academic perspective because it can only be used as a argument to define a finite number of historical events. Not all of them. I then adapted my view to focus through the lense of resources (wealth). Wealth takes many forms. You can look at history as a quest by whomever to acquire whatever form of wealth and it all makes sense. Sometimes whole nations just use excuses to murder and steal. I can't think of a people or nation where this has not at one time been the case.
As far a religion goes, I like to think about Jesus as the first humanist (for lack of a better term). Love everybody. It makes no difference who they are. Of course, people tragically perverted this message and made a religion which followed the path of every other religion before or since. Someone eventually came along who used it as an excuse murder and steal.
In every time, there will be someone somewhere who is motivated to murder and steal. If they can find an excuse to justify it, I guess they feel better about doing it. In the end, it is still murdering and stealing.
Why can't we all just play poker?
X
Old 04-25-2005, 10:09 AM

STOP RESPONDING THIS TROLLS RIDICULOUS THREADS. CAN'T WE JUST LET THEM DIE!?!