Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: I will never play on empire poker ever again. (Long read)

tl;dr
Old 10-28-2005, 06:04 PM

You are the type of player that makes this game profitable for me. Thanks! (and please tell me where you plan to play in the future.)
Old 10-28-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I knew in advance that there were going to be some fools who would try to belittle me.

[/ QUOTE ]

"And with God as my witness, I am that fool!"
Old 10-28-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tl;dr

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-28-2005, 06:36 PM

phew.

For a second I thought the zoo was in decline.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ironically I have better results at the $55 tables then I do the at $22 and $33 tables, mainly because there aren't as many donks drawing out on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...awesome pic. You happen to have a link to that?
Old 10-28-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...awesome pic. You happen to have a link to that?

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? You don't know how to find the URL of that picture....

Old 10-28-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have always had variance at the sit n go's. I understand that fully.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read about 1/3 of the way through your first post. I read a couple of the responses. I read the first line of this post.

It's very obvious that you DON'T understand variance at sit-n-go's. I'll try to be polite here because I'm sure you didn't mean to come across as annoying and I'm sure the majority of the responses aren't going to be the nicest in the world. But 12-15 OOTM is NOTHING in sit-n-go's. It's a bad run, but it's seriously nothing. Go search through some threads in the STT forum. You'll see 400 game losing streaks (not OOTM streaks, but 400 game down-swings nontheless). You'll see 20+ game OOTM streaks. You'll see worse than you thought was possible. And this is from winning players.

IMO, you just haven't played enough to get a true grasp of what variance really is. I can tell that from the little of your posts that I did read. It's OK, I know where you're coming from... I've been there myself. But until you accept that streaks like the one you just went through ARE a part of poker, you won't be able to survive this game for very long.

Go search through some old threads in the STT forum. Use the search function. And read this thread too. It might help a bit. My $.02.

- Wiggs

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good post here.

Otherside, I have played poker seriously for about 3 years, 2 of which it was my entire source of income. During that time I have had quite a few terrible runs. I won't go too far into detail but I've gone broke twice, I've lost back-to back-to back tourneys on runner-runner bad beats, I've lost over $10000 in a day multiple times.

And you know what....theres a ton of people here that have had it even worse than me.

Many poker players don't realize just how close the line between luck and skill is. Its a lot more luck than you think probably. And thats a good thing because poker contains pretty much the perfect mix of luck and skill that keeps the bad players coming back.

Changing sites is not going to change anything. Moreover, your claims that you never tilt and that you are better at the higher limits because less people outdraw you are completely laughable, and its going to cause a lot of people here to not take you seriously.

Most likely, you're posting this because you want some support. If so, come out and say so. Just make a post asking for help and tell people that you have gone through a serious of bad beats and want some advice on how to best handle them. But you're not going to get much help doing things the way you are now.

If you truly do believe that Stars is "less rigged", then go ahead and make the switch. Even though its a ridiculous idea, if it gives you peace of mind and lets you play without that chip on your shoulder, then go ahead.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:12 PM

Ummm, one observation. If I were making $1300 a month working full time, I would be thinking about getting that college degree ASAP and not taking some time off...
Old 10-28-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ummm, one observation. If I were making $1300 a month working full time, I would be thinking about getting that college degree ASAP and not taking some time off...

[/ QUOTE ]

*whistles*