Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 02:52 AM

Default AA with a yucky flop on the bubble

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (4 handed) converter

Button (t2395)
Hero (t2575)
BB (t700)
UTG (t2330)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls t100, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t350</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls t250.

Flop: (t800) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t500</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t1000</font>, Hero ???

I actually had a read on UTG here. He's a fairly loose player preflop and limps a lot and minraises a lot, and he's on the aggressive side postflop. Not insane, but he raises a lot of flops and bets a lot of rivers.

Is this a pretty clear push? I felt like it was a spot where I could fold (weak but I'd still have chips to make second or third pretty safely especially since the other two players on the bubble were quite timid), I could push because I've likely got the best hand against an aggressive player, or I could call and see if another diamond falls. I'll post my action and results tomorrow.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:54 AM

Default Re: AA with a yucky flop on the bubble

I push here and take my chances.

-M
Old 05-18-2005, 03:01 AM

shove. you still have fold equity believe it or not. holla
Old 05-18-2005, 05:50 PM

Thanks guys. I actually played this about the worst way possible and just called his raise. The ugly K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] fell on the turn, he pushed and I called, and he showed K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for trips and a rivered boat. I don't think he would have folded to a push on the flop considering his exact cards, but pushing definitely seems like the right move. Thanks!