Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 08:25 AM

Default Re: ANY Justification for this Play? Any?

Not really disagree but I think the solution would be more exact if we had a special formula for pushing against raisers.

You cant say with certainity that he will fold 0% of the time. The party fish are totally crazy, maybe 5% of the time a fold seems possible? Otherwise pushing ranges are not the same as "strange pot-comitting raise" ranges. In this case they are very similiar, in other cases surely not.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are right, but (isn't there always a but) in this case, I myself, would consider this a push by small blind. So I would use the call settings. This guy is not folding, so you are calling a push. Does anyone disagree with this?

Later,
Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I agree. I did not expect him to fold. Would have been nice if he did, but I did not expect him to fold. I just felt like pushing since I hadn't seen any kind of hand in a long time. That thinking was foolish, but that is what I was thinking at the time.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:59 AM

this should be an easy fold. Reads etc... are not going to help you when you only have K3...if you think he could do this with junk it COULD include K8 so "reads" wont help.

Against random hands you are 50%...you are only dominating a very few hands K2 Q3 etc...

You have close to zero fold equity.

Id say this is a highly -EV move. Id push any 2 from SB next hand if folded to me and maybe even with a limp from Button.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:06 PM

no, there is no justification. be the one that pushes, not the one that calls. k3o, are you kidding?
Old 05-20-2005, 12:12 PM

Hey Easily,

I guess my answer would depend on when the blinds are going up again and how SB plays. Has he minraised before?

When the blinds go up, your fold equity will be gone if you fold this hand and can't steal before then. Of course I don't like pushing with K3 and no fold equity, but SB is getting desperate too and his small raise here could be a weak steal attempt.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:21 PM

Either I'm lacking writing skills or you are lacking reading skills. I did not in any way try to justificate calling K3 here.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:07 PM

Honestly, I don't play that many SNGs anymore, but I like pushing here.

If you fold, you are down to 570. Next hand in the SB you've got chip leader in the BB, assuming you are lucky enough to get it checked around, he's going to be getting 2:1 on his call if you push. No luck in the SB? now you're down to less than 2.5xBB, soon to be 1.5xBB.....

I'd much rather take a (probably) 35% shot at doubling up to 1500 chips.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:50 PM

Thanks to everyone who responded. I appreciate your input.

BTW, this was first hand at this blind level. SB had been playing a lot of hands, but not totally recklessly.