Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Mining stocks and the commodities boom

I know very little about this sector, but do know that commodities prices have starting what many think is a major move up for many years to come. Just thought Id start a little thread about how to profit from the asian consumption boom, with mining stocks in particular, and more specifically, metals.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Mining stocks and the commodities boom

The recent increase in commodity prices is attributable mostly to Chinese demand. Some economists say that China's economy will cool down and commodity prices will not continue to increase. I'm not saying you're wrong, it's just something to take into consideration.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The recent increase in commodity prices is attributable mostly to Chinese demand. Some economists say that China's economy will cool down and commodity prices will not continue to increase. I'm not saying you're wrong, it's just something to take into consideration.

[/ QUOTE ]

I partially agree with that, though the long term trend is clearly for higher commodity usage in China. Also the supply side, has some issues. Alot of capital hasn't been put in commodity production for quite some time and it will take some time before extra capacity may hit the system (for example, with oil).
Old 03-01-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I partially agree with that, though the long term trend is clearly for higher commodity usage in China. Also the supply side, has some issues. Alot of capital hasn't been put in commodity production for quite some time and it will take some time before extra capacity may hit the system (for example, with oil).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so assuming that I think there will be a long term up trend for commodities, any ideas on specific mining stocks or well run funds that will make good money on the back of this news?