Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2005, 01:33 AM

Default Stat Check Please

17,258 hands at 1/2 and 2/4 Full

VP$IP 18.20
VP$IP from SB 31.04
FSB to Steal: 88.54
FBB to Steal: 67.42
Att to Steal Blinds: 11.45
Won$WSF: 27.95
BB/100:1.71
WTSD: 28.09
W$SD: 57.43
Raised Preflop: 5.34
Aggression -
Flop: 1.16
Turn: 1.61
River:1.50
Total:1.43
Folded to River Bet: 44.28

I'm finding 2/4 to be pretty manageable playing 3-4 tables so I've just started playing 3/6. I've been working on table selection and position relative to the loose aggressives and the loose passives. I find myself avoiding a lot of blind steal and defense situations without premium hands or a good read on a player. I find that I end up burning a lot of chips on tiny pots and seem to do a lot better against a field of players (6-max was not my game!). I strive to improve in this area and I think the improvements in table and position selection are already helping. Preflop, I raise most all of the SSH recommened hands, but I think that I limp in and raise EP with some that aren't recommended. I'll limp any low pair and any Axs UTG as long as it's not getting capped preflop, (in which case I'd leave the room). UTG I usually raise 99 and KQo and AJo (though I'm starting to fold AJo EP). My VP$IP isn't too high though so what's up with that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Stat Check Please

you need to pay much more attention to stealing the blinds, and i think you need to raise quite a bit more preflop.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:03 AM

PFR and aggression are too low. Try to get PFR around 8% and total aggression over 2.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:42 AM

Thanks for the responses. I just played some more 3/6 and I think my aggression factor will be going up just to survive!! A lot more people 3-betting any pair into the pre-flop raiser and more AKo preflop bettors capping without a pair on the flop! Looks like my show down % will be going up a little too. Anything else stand out?