Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2002, 11:26 PM

Default Here\'s a new fund...

After reading some of the posts below some of you may be interested in the "Vice Fund" instead of an index fund. The IPO is being offered from August 15th to the 30th with a share price of $10 and a minimum investment of $2500. The fund invests in alcohol, tobacco, gambling, and weapons. For a propectus and more information go to www.vicefund.com. Hopefully, they will be adding prostitution, since they are including ADRs and there is a company in Australia that is a publically traded prostitution company.

I have no association with this fund, except that I will probably be supporting the companies that it invests in. Since, I never invest in IPOs, I am going to wait to see how the fund does during September and see what they invest in when the information becomes public. Usually, September is a bad month for the stock market.

Good Luck

Mark

Old 09-03-2002, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Here\'s a new fund...

stick with figuring out how to eat a pizza. these type of funds are just fashion funds and all they do is drain you with expenses. <font color="red"> </font color> [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2002, 02:37 AM

Default Re: Here\'s a new fund...

Ray,

I love pizza and know what's good. Anyway, these types of funds need to be evaluated. Once they are public, you can use the tools at www.quicken.com to evaluate them. They are investment tools for people that do not have a large amount of capital to invest, but in a market like the one we've had for the past two years would do alot better than an index fund.

Good luck and enjoy your tufo.

Mark
[img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]