Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2001, 01:54 AM

Default No Limit Omaha 8

There is a no-limit Omaha 8 game at pokerstars. I have been watching it and most players are abysmal. They call incredibly large bets trying to escape for one side or the other, and sometimes do this in multiway pots with (58 lows adn 2 pair for example). Needless to say the game looks easy.

However, I'm at a bit of a loss for preflop strategy. What hands are really worth pumping? Is there anything you'd move allin preflop with? I don't think even AA23ss has enough overlay to move in with. How much should i be willing to call in terms of stack size against a preflop raiser?

Also, on the flop what would you need to go allin/make large raises? Nut low made, with nut flush draw perhaps? Nut low, and a set? Top set with one or no low cards out?

Personally i think i'd need a huge hand for high (top full?) to go allin, when there are strong low possibilities, and i don't have a low. But obviously there are times i should try and bet low draws out, but it seems as if this will be unsuccesful based on the calibre of play. I have seen a player call a 8 times pot size allin bet with A56T (no clubs) on a Tc8c4c board. He ended up looking at A23 with suited Ac much to my total lack of surprise.