Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 11:13 PM

Default Why does HBO suck?

So we've got HBO as part of our cable package and it just really sucks. Of course the original series are all good (they're showing real sex right now [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]), but why show the same movie four times a day? I mean, most of the stuff they show sucks, and when you do find something you like, you see it 40 times during the few weeks they're playing it. How the hell many times to they expect us to watch the matrix? Really what I'm asking is this: is there any reason that a premium channel like this can't put into rotation hundreds of the best movies and just keep them changing, rather than replaying the same movies over and over for a two week block, then changing the schedule.

Is there some sort of licensing/legal issue here I'm not catching? wtf. And yes, i'm moving out in a month, so no, I'm not switching to cinemax.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Why does HBO suck?

If you are into movies that much, you can't go wrong with a Netflix/ Blockbuster movie pass type thing. A steal if you ask me.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:18 PM

It doesn't suck. I'm not exactly sure what shows are in season right now for it though, I haven't watched it in quite awhile.

I like Real Time with Bill Maher a lot though.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So we've got HBO as part of our cable package and it just really sucks. Of course the original series are all good (they're showing real sex right now [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]), but why show the same movie four times a day? I mean, most of the stuff they show sucks, and when you do find something you like, you see it 40 times during the few weeks they're playing it. How the hell many times to they expect us to watch the matrix? Really what I'm asking is this: is there any reason that a premium channel like this can't put into rotation hundreds of the best movies and just keep them changing, rather than replaying the same movies over and over for a two week block, then changing the schedule.

Is there some sort of licensing/legal issue here I'm not catching? wtf. And yes, i'm moving out in a month, so no, I'm not switching to cinemax.

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst thread premise ever.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:20 PM

i like it that way.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:25 PM

jeez, maybe I'm the only one. We watched Starsky and Hutch this evening, but it's going to be on 2 or 3 times a day for the next week. I just don't get the point.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jeez, maybe I'm the only one. We watched Starsky and Hutch this evening, but it's going to be on 2 or 3 times a day for the next week. I just don't get the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive been wanting to see starsky and hutch for a long time, but its never been on when its good for me. im glad it will be on several times in the coming weeks because im pretty sure ill have the opportunity to see it eventually.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:24 PM

HBO was behind Band of Brothers, the best programming ever made for television. For that reason alone it is worth all kinds of props.

Swede
Old 04-28-2005, 11:32 PM

NO YOU SUCK!