Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Re: why an ipod?

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I didn't mean it to come off as being aggressive. These are just the reasons that I chose my Ipod.

Have fun with whatever you choose. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i have already chosen.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:13 PM

Because I got 20% off. $320 for 40 gigs = g00t.

And it works fine with a PC.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:15 PM

i have a little crappy 512mb player and i have thought about upgrading to a new one, but i dont think i want to get the ipod. from my understanding, it is very hard to import your own mp3s that are not from cds or the ipod store which makes it really annoying. ive heard that sony has an mp3 player that is just as user friendly without the necessity of having apple software.

I bought the superior sounding IRiver, where I can just drag and drop from Windows Explorer.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I didn't mean it to come off as being aggressive. These are just the reasons that I chose my Ipod.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have already chosen.

[/ QUOTE ]

What did you go with?
Old 07-31-2005, 04:17 PM

I've had 7 mp3 players. Since way back in the days of 16MB capacity. Some have been better than others. So far the two iPod's I have are the best of the best, but I sometimes use my Creative Zen as a backup for when I'm on the road and want 20GB of music with me.

I use my shuffle on a daily basis for music and a weekly basis as a jump drive. The features and sound quality of the iPod line is not surpassed by anything else on the market yet. That's my humble opinion. Even the price is decent. I paid $149 for my 1GB shuffle.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have a little crappy 512mb player and i have thought about upgrading to a new one, but i dont think i want to get the ipod. from my understanding, it is very hard to import your own mp3s that are not from cds or the ipod store which makes it really annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]
All mp3s on your computer will be automatically added to your Itunes library after installing the free software. Anything new that you download or rip will be automatically added as well. You don’t even need to drag and drop. Although this is also an option if you wanted to for some reason.

Also, if you are satisfied with 512mb or even a few gigs than go with something cheaper. If you are really into music and need 30-60GB then I think the Ipod is the way to go.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
from my understanding, it is very hard to import your own mp3s that are not from cds or the ipod store which makes it really annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fortunately, this is a myth. I have over 2000 songs in my collection, none of which I bought from ITMS or ripped in iTunes. Importing songs is as easy as double-clicking them in Windows Explorer.

[ QUOTE ]
ive heard that sony has an mp3 player that is just as user friendly without the necessity of having apple software.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to talk too much [censored] here, because I've never used Sony's players and I hate it when people do that to Apple. But I think you'll find that Sony players are much more of a pain in the ass than the iPod.

None of this is to say the iPod is perfect. If you buy one, it will almost certainly go bad within two years. Not having a return/replacement plan is strongly -EV. But as long as it works for you, the iPod is the best player on the market.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:28 PM

I got an IPod this year, despite my general distain for Apple. I owned an iRiver for a month but got rid of it, as I had difficulty scrolling through songs. Actually, the reason I initially went with iRiver was the repeated concept that there were better products out there, and that an iPod was a waste of money.

In my experience, the iPod simply has the best interface, and it is far easier to find one song out of 5000 on it than anything else I've used. Also, the iTunes music LIBRARY is underrated.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i have already chosen.

[/ QUOTE ]

What did you go with?

[/ QUOTE ]

rio karma. if i were buying one now though i'd probably go with one of those iaudio joints.