Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2003, 09:09 PM

Default Zoo vs SS Rematch Challenge Tournament: Final Details.

(This thread takes over from the original one. Please post all new comments and Team Entries under this one, only. Thank you.)

I'm pleased to be able to tell you that TruePoker has agreed to risk hosting the rematch. (There are rumours that things could get nasty, as word on the street is that thomastem is bringing his not often seen white rhinoceros to try to even up his Match with rkiray.)

It will be a $20+$2 Limit Hold'em Tournament at 9.00pmEST on 4th December 2003.

TruePoker has agreed that they will give a $12 rebate to anyone who plays a total of 100 ring game raked hands at any time between 12.01amEST 14th November and 11.59pmEST 3rd December who enters and plays in the Tournament. (Note that these hands will also still count toward any reload bonus if one is in play.) (A raked hand is a hand in which a player is dealt in, from which TruePoker eventually receives a rake.) (Potential cost $720.)

There will be up to five $10 compensation prizes for the first players knocked out of the Tournament by the eventual winner, if they finish outside the money. (Potential cost $50.)

There will be a $25 bonus to the player who wins the most hands with flushes before formation of the final table. (Cost $25.)

There will be a $25 bonus to the player with the most UTG wins before formation of the final table. (Cost $25.)

There will be a $25 bonus to the first player to win a pot with a revealed "GrannyMae", Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. (Potential cost $25.)

There will be a $25 bonus to the non-final table player who knocks out the most of the opposing Team's Members. (Cost $25.)

There will be a $25 bonus to the non-final table player who knocks out the most of his own Team's Members. (Cost $25.)

(Potential total cost to TruePoker is $945.)

Good luck to all voluntary participants.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:41 PM

Default I have a really stooooopid question, here.......

What exactly are both the Zoo and SS? I've heard the terms before, and always assumed that the Zoo was the 2+2 forum, and SS was some other forum, but now I'm not so sure..........

Thnks for putting up with my ignorance

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2003, 09:43 PM

Default The SS Team.

Here is the SS Team so far:

Aaron Lovi
ajizzle
aces961
Barry
BigEndian
Brian
brian0729
ChipWrecked
Cigwin
CrackerZack
GuyOnTilt
Husker'66
JDErickson
Joe Tall
JohnShaft
Mangatang
MrGrob
rkiray
Robbe
RockLobster
Scottnyce
tj00
Tyler Durden

Please let me know if I have missed anyone or included someone by mistake.

The Zoo learned a lesson last time - that the SS-Guys are the men! So although we are already fielding a great-looking Team, we still need your help to keep them in their place. There are 30 SS seats and we can't afford not to have them all filled with players.

Please pm me to enter. First come, first served. Thank you.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:48 PM

Default Re: I have a really stooooopid question, here.......

SS is the Small Stakes forum and the Zoo is the Internet forum, which resembles a zoo most of the time!
Old 11-13-2003, 09:49 PM

You're funny, Gomez. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The Zoo is the Internet Forum, and I can understand not knowing that one. But not knowing what SS stands for is inexcusable.

Hint: You're an SS'er.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:58 PM

Well....... after reading my post, I kinda thought that SS might stand for small stakes.......... especially when I was more convinced that this was more than likely an inter-forum tourney.

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE
Old 11-13-2003, 11:10 PM

so, Gomez

are you in the SS (Small Stakes) Team or what?
Old 11-13-2003, 11:34 PM

Default Re: LOL -- I am a traitor!!!

I ended up on the Zoo team during the time that I had not played much over the 1/2 level. NOW I am on the SS team, after I having been playing 5/10 and 10/20 (and some 2/4 and 3/6 on True on my lunch hour) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seeing as I busted out 1st last time, I may as well have been on the SS Team then too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] LOL -- Sorry guys, had to toss that one out there for BOTH sides! I probably BELONG on the SS side, as even though I have moved the higher limits, I have more online play in the lower limits!

Let the game begin! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2003, 10:50 PM

Default Bump *n/m*

Old 11-14-2003, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Zoo vs SS Rematch Challenge Tournament: Final Details.

All these nice bonuses, now what do I get if I beat myself out? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]