Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2004, 01:41 PM

Default fold on the turn?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (9.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, CO calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero ...

Should I have just folded the turn?
Old 12-10-2004, 01:43 PM

Default Re: fold on the turn?

You should fold this preflop. Given that you're there, flop play is good, but the turn checkraise tells you you're well behind and quite possibly drawing dead. Muck it.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:48 PM

I'd fold preflop, I don't think you have enough callers to make you're drawing hand profitable.
You can fold the turn. A c/r when you have top pair weak kicker is a fairly sure sign that you are beat.
You're flop play is good.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:01 PM

I fold preflop, but since you made it to the flop I think your flop play is fine. Fold to the turn c/r though.

Once you call the turn though you should generally call the river, though in this case I'd be surprised if 12-1 was good enough to make a profit. Though I can't really back that up with anything solid.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:31 PM

why would you fold a suted ace on the button preflop? not enough callers? how many callers do you want then generally to play this preflop? doesnt sshe say to play a suited ace from any position?
Old 12-10-2004, 02:43 PM

Note the UTG raise telling you that you are likely dominated or drawing thin pre-flop.

-d
Old 12-10-2004, 02:50 PM

you have to tighten up significantly when someone else raises.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:02 PM

I would fold preflop, but since you didn't, I would only call the flop, since I don't see much point to raising this flop last to act.

Against an unknown CO, I'm probably calling this turn c/r. And for God's sake, please don't say that you folded the river, especially since this card now puts you ahead of A4/A5/45.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:07 PM

Fold PF.

Call the flop. You can't raise for value, since you are very likely to be dominated. You can't raise to protect, becasue your raise isn't usually going to force anyone out who has already called. The fact that UTG bet-folded is uncommon. Don't count on that happening.

Fold the turn. Youv'e probably been drawing dead since the flop.