Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 02:26 AM

Default Re: my dog is pooping blood

Anyone ever see the twisted movie Happiness? The young boy takes a dump and tells his Mom there's blood in his BM. His father goes "you faggot, you've been raped!". Pretty funny. Pretty twisted.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:38 AM

I would say lighten up, but... no, in fact I will.

If you post something serious with a bit of levity in a forum full of jokers, dont' expect a lot of serious replies. The solution (take it to the vet) was self-evident, so there wasn't really a need for the 'take your dog to the vet' replies.

I didn't detect any seriousness in any of the posts, whether regarding 'kick it in the stomach again' or 'time to get a new dog!' In all seriousness, this sort of disregard for life or conventions or morality or whatever is pretty common in almost all comedy (stand up springs immediately to mind), so I don't have too much sympathy for anyone who takes this stuff seriously. I mean that's pretty much what the wilder forums are like, a bunch of aspiring 'edgy' comedians.

So as much as I hate to be one of those guys who says to lighten up or leave, I have a certain amount of that feeling here.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my thoughts when opening the thread

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that what you would do if your kid was shitting blood, throw him/her away and get a new one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy sh[/i]it dude, lighten up. I didn't mean to suggest he should get rid of the dog. Here's the thought process, it's pretty simple.

Dog shitting blood ----> dog having health problems ----> dog dying ----> new dog.

Now I can see the confusion. However, I don't think it's a good idea to get pissed just because you assume you know what they're talking about from not even a full sentence of text.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would say lighten up, but... no, in fact I will.

If you post something serious with a bit of levity in a forum full of jokers, dont' expect a lot of serious replies. The solution (take it to the vet) was self-evident, so there wasn't really a need for the 'take your dog to the vet' replies.

I didn't detect any seriousness in any of the posts, whether regarding 'kick it in the stomach again' or 'time to get a new dog!' In all seriousness, this sort of disregard for life or conventions or morality or whatever is pretty common in almost all comedy (stand up springs immediately to mind), so I don't have too much sympathy for anyone who takes this stuff seriously. I mean that's pretty much what the wilder forums are like, a bunch of aspiring 'edgy' comedians.

So as much as I hate to be one of those guys who says to lighten up or leave, I have a certain amount of that feeling here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try reading the whole thread, first. There were some serious replies that were uncalled for.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I were to get a dog, I would do it under the assumption that it becomes a member of my family. To heal a member of my family, it is worth any amount of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any amount? You realize that like 99.9% of the non-PETA population would disagree with you? And maybe even them if it actually came down to that.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
she'll be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good to hear.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess the point is that people should take the cost of vet bills into account when getting a dog.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree.

[ QUOTE ]
If people budgeted for it, even relatively poor people can afford a dog.

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you priced vet bills lately. My wife is a Vet Assistant and what some people pay is just insane. They'll pay bills that are literally thousands of dollars for cancer surgery for 15 year-old dogs. Or there's hip- and knee-replacements. It's nuts. The point is that you can't budget for that. I don't think I could pay it. Frankly this is a question I've debated with myself from time-to-time. I do love my dog. But just how much would be too much? I dunno.